• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Gizmo

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
so you should install one of thes in your car, truck, aeroplane too. im not sold. there is always gonna be people hucking snake oil and there will always be people buying it. a fool and his money are easily parted

wyofreeride

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Pinedale, Wy
www.WyoFreeride.com
My 660 ProX would get hotter when you shut it off also, it was a carbed non-ho on an 05 bottom end. I would shut it off and let it sit for a couple minutes, then fire it back up to circulate for a couple minutes more. Never had any problems with piston scuffing. I have a new assault, and too am skeptical, but have not looked at the cooling system yet to see how its plumbed, and don't have any miles on it yet as I am out of town. Does anyone besides the RR guys have any firsthand experience on this thing, or is it all vendor hype right now?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
800 Dragon- We have tested on trails as well as in the steep and deep. On the trail we found that we are able to maintain a more constant temperature and after a 5 minute stop after heat soak we are able to stop the cold shot.
Even on a trail the coolant in the tunnel cools off faster than the engine.

Tree_Climber- No you do not need it on your Truck,Car or your airplane. We have not tested on them yet. I will let you know when we do and how it works. For right now I think we will stick to Sleds. Thanks for thinking of the other applacations.

wyofreeride-http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206663
Maybe this will help in your research.

Keep the comments coming.
Thanks

G

GMCRMK

Nov 28, 2007
SL,UT - IP,ID
I just wanted to say "props to ya" for explaining and defending your (?)product. As you can tell we're a skeptical crowd and with the price point, I think you can understand why. Carry on....

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
GMCRMK- Thanks for that. After three years worth of testing different designs we finally succeded in getting the motor to last beyond 250 miles. We are not just some podunk bunch that designed and built this. Redneck Racing is a seperate division of Action Snowmobile and RV in Jackson,WY. We started this project after seeing countless burndowns. I do understand everybody being skeptical. If I was in your shoes I would be to. We will be shipping these out the first week of december and have 120 units sold to our local customers already. Once these hit the snow and prove what we have been saying I think everybody will understand what we have been saying.
Keep the questions and comments coming.More good than bad would be nice, But what ever trips your trigger.:face-icon-small-win

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
GMCRMK- Thanks for that. After three years worth of testing different designs we finally succeded in getting the motor to last beyond 250 miles. We are not just some podunk bunch that designed and built this. Redneck Racing is a seperate division of Action Snowmobile and RV in Jackson,WY. We started this project after seeing countless burndowns. I do understand everybody being skeptical. If I was in your shoes I would be to. We will be shipping these out the first week of december and have 120 units sold to our local customers already. Once these hit the snow and prove what we have been saying I think everybody will understand what we have been saying.
Keep the questions and comments coming.More good than bad would be nice, But what ever trips your trigger.:face-icon-small-win

Is Carter from Tog putting one in his sled?

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
I never noticed anyone mention that the 800 is way more susceptible to detonation at 160 deg than 125. Something to think about on these sleds with thier lean fueling problems.

tree climber

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
sioux falls sd
i dont know how the gizmo makes the voltage regulator last longer in the 800's? i have been following the plight of the 800 cfi for some time now and this is the first time i have seen that the cooling system is being identified as the culprit. if this is legit then this should take off like a wildfire and gm, ford, chrysler etc will be banging down the door to for the plastic tube to make their expensive motors with much longer warrenties last longer..... any info on the mechanics of this piece?

C

Carter

Dec 6, 2007
Gizmo

Is Carter from Tog putting one in his sled?

Yes, Sxrlar, not only on my private sled but on the guide sled as well. I have been quiet on this for a reason....we are almost at the end ,having all the data...you are going to be pleasantly suprised. I'm in the trenches, I get to listen to all the anger when a vacation goes bad because of a sled problem. This product will go a long way to saving those vacations not to mention the sled motors...Do any of you remember the beginning of NOS. Blown motors, left and right til they perfected the product. Now NOS is common place. On to turbos and all that...This product will do what it says....

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
sxrlar- Yes, Carter is has been hounding us since the start of the project to get the first ones and put them on his 800 guide sled and his personal 700.

TREE_CLIMBER- As far as the voltage regulator is concerned we have not had any failure on any of the test sleds. As far as the cooling system we have had several hundred of the 800's torn down and we could see were the edge of the cylinder had contacted the piston. Comes back to the hot metal cold coolant. The mechanics are simple, The bypass line allows the coolant to circulate while the coolant in the tunnel is preheated to the proper temp. The two weep holes in the thermostat allows cold coolant to mix with the hot bypass until it reaches opening temperature.

Thanks
T

Ask Yourself

Lifetime Membership
Mar 14, 2008
Tree climber.. Go away. We get it you think its a HOAX.. Go raise hell else where.. Please Just Go Away...

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Outlaw as been vocal, direct, and has not backed down from confrontation.

As a respected RMK dealer, please share with us why Polaris R&D and warranty have not recognized this as a/the primary issue of seizures, or why you believe they have ignored or disputed the issue and your solution.

Obviously, they haven't done anything about it, again, for MY 2011, and possibly made it worse with smaller coolers. What is their rationale given your arguments and proof? With their 4 yr warranty now, they've set themselves up for massive financial and market failure, if this is indeed the cause, and they've done nothing to address it. Why?

S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
sxrlar- Yes, Carter is has been hounding us since the start of the project to get the first ones and put them on his 800 guide sled and his personal 700.

TREE_CLIMBER- As far as the voltage regulator is concerned we have not had any failure on any of the test sleds. As far as the cooling system we have had several hundred of the 800's torn down and we could see were the edge of the cylinder had contacted the piston. Comes back to the hot metal cold coolant. The mechanics are simple, The bypass line allows the coolant to circulate while the coolant in the tunnel is preheated to the proper temp. The two weep holes in the thermostat allows cold coolant to mix with the hot bypass until it reaches opening temperature.

Thanks
T

after reading through the whoel forum i now understand what you are takling about, and the gains. i think you've got a good product.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have read all the post and have a great ideal send me one and I will try it out and report back to you all. There it is settled. I cold seized my 700 last year and my wife was right next to me on her 600 she did not seize hers same warm up same wfo down the air strip what would be the differents?If this product saves an engine your money ahead. So when are you sending my test one???

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
CARTER- Thanks for jumping in. We will be getting the first shipment soon.

ASK YOURSELF- Thanks for the post. But if TREECLIMBER needs to ask more questions so he can grasp the concept that is fine. Can't we all just get along:face-icon-small-win

SKIBREEZE- I understand being skeptical. Give it until the first week of December then watch the posts. We will make you a believer.

REG2VIEW- We have tested and know how well our product works. As far as Polaris R&D is concerned you will have to ask them WHY. We have no control over Polaris R&D and how they think, That is why we developed this product.
Maybe in the future Polaris will take a look at it. We developed this in house because we are tired of rebuilding the sleds.

SNOPRO_AC- Thanks for the post. We look forward to hearing from you once you have tried it.

BEAMSLAYER- Thanks for the offer to test this for us. However we are full up on test riders. When you get your sled back together give us a call.

Thanks again for all the comments and questions, Keep them coming. Feel free to call us or send me a PM with specific enhancement kit related questions.
T

S
Feb 25, 2008
Craig CO
Not saying this product works but the idea behind it is good. I have seen similar problems with a ski doo 1000 my friend owned. It would cold sieze if you stop for short times he finally took front cooler out and solved the problem.
As far as polaris R&D this is the same company that gave us the 900. And braged about its performance. Talk to a polaris factory guy to this day and they will still tell you it was a good sled. Factories some time have a problem with either holding there noise in the air or buring there head in the sand on performance issue's. Some times they can't see the forest for the trees.

This is a hard product to prove works becuase if it is working then nothing will happen. But if your like many that have had motor issue why not try it?
If you have a desent dealer I'm sure they would be happy to help with warranty issues. I've worked for a dealer and nothing is more frustrating then seeing a problem agian and agian.
Maybe the only way to test this product is to take a sled with out the kit and new pistons. Get it to score the pistons. That same day on the hill replace pistons and install kit to see if scoring stops.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Either way, thanks to Outlaw for the detailed explanations and putting up with our concerns/questions/BS.

If I could throw one more question in the mix; how is this "cold shot" a Polaris specific issue? All brands use a tunnel mounted cooler system of slightly different designs, and logic would dictate that all would allow coolant temp in said coolers to drop while parked. Do other brands have a bypass such as your's as factory equipment? Or is the Polaris motor just more sensitive to this issue?

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Yes, Sxrlar, not only on my private sled but on the guide sled as well. I have been quiet on this for a reason....we are almost at the end ,having all the data...you are going to be pleasantly suprised. I'm in the trenches, I get to listen to all the anger when a vacation goes bad because of a sled problem. This product will go a long way to saving those vacations not to mention the sled motors...Do any of you remember the beginning of NOS. Blown motors, left and right til they perfected the product. Now NOS is common place. On to turbos and all that...This product will do what it says....

Glad to know you will trying this out Carter. Keep us posted in Carters Corner on johndee.com also.

Thanks, Skylar.

Premium Features