• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KTM 300 TSS Intake install

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Wanted to share my install for my TSS intake. I took one look at the anemic tubing they sent with the TSS and i knew i couldnt handle seeing it on my bike :face-icon-small-dis
so here is what i did

I cut a couple rings of silicon and used them to neck down the intake tube so it would fit on my avid carb heater

Here it is installed. Im not going to run my side panel just so there is no chance of snow build up.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
That pre-filter is going to be shredded the first ride I take you on up here in the Flathead. I think you need some more protection dude!

But I guess since that 300 will be at the bottom of the hill it won't really matter anyways :D

Clay911

Lifetime Membership
Aug 22, 2010
Alberta
I like that setup my only concern would be snow sitting on top would melt and then you funnel all the water into your carb and motor. Thinking more when you stop and take a break the heat will melt some of the snow. This wouldn't be a problem on one mounted sideways.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
That pre-filter is going to be shredded the first ride I take you on up here in the Flathead. I think you need some more protection dude!

But I guess since that 300 will be at the bottom of the hill it won't really matter anyways :D

Yeah. Probably right. I'm just focusing on making it up the trail first :face-icon-small-ton

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I like that setup my only concern would be snow sitting on top would melt and then you funnel all the water into your carb and motor. Thinking more when you stop and take a break the heat will melt some of the snow. This wouldn't be a problem on one mounted sideways.

It's kind of at an angle outward. And the 300 vibration will shake it off. Ha

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
jskattum606,

Don't let the bashers get you down. Seems "snowest" is getting worse by the day. We are glad you are excited! Your 300 will be a blast to ride.

I did some initial install evaluations for your application. If you loosen the clamp on the filter and rotate it toward your right side number plate, down and to the right, approx. 90 degrees, it fits very nice. You can replace your left side number plate. Have fun!!!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Some of us go around the trees:face-icon-small-hap. It also sits right behind your knee so it's fairly well protected!!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
pds with tss ???

Does the tss work on pds bikes, and if so do you have to use the intake kit? Seems like the angle shock would clear oem intake boot to me

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Personally I prefer the airbox with bottom cut out. more protection plus the airboot is tuned for the motor. IMHO

Premium Features