• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Possible iat issue BDpro

A
Nov 26, 2007
My control box is out getting the 3d mapping but before this I noticed my numbers that had the sled running good are lower than everyone elses. I have also noticed when running at WOT the afr ratio creeps richer until it actually stumbles. I remember checking to see what my IAT said and it was 250 deg. Seem high? If my IAT was stuck at 250 would that not cause this type of issue? This is something I will look closely at when I get my box back. Thoughts?

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Is it reading 250 or 255??

255 is the max the sensor will read is why I ask sometimes when you start and shut off the sled when you hit the kill switch it will reset and record a 255 in this case that is not a true reading.

As the charge temps go up the Air Desity Advantage system tells the BD box to start to lean things out as the charge temps get colder it adds fuel thus making it a crisp throttle responce all they way through the temp swings so I don't think this is your problem it sounds like it is just a tad rich at the 8300 High setting??

Is your Ethonal chip or out??

Last edited:
J

J.Jensen

Feb 15, 2010
Northern Norway
Higher charge temp gives less air.

If the sensor is faulty and you lean it off when the IAT is actually much lower you might get a problem.

Do you have EGT or air/fuel gauge on it?

A
Nov 26, 2007
The ethanol chip is out. I have an AFR guage. It starts out at 11.2:1 and then just keeps getting richer until it get around 10.2 then drops a cylinder. The AIT was reading 255 max.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
255 when you start and shut off the sled for a max record is nothing to worry about. I am getting some higher charge temps without the intercooler now but not as high as 255. Rocky is out with the R&D sleds today testing on more intercooler stuff today.

PM me with any questions when you get the 3D mapping back.

K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
I'm also running with the Premium chip. I noticed that I was had a bit more hesitation in throttle response with the ethanol chip. Should note however that I have only rode at 10K and above since switching to the premium chip, and I may have to go back to the other at lower elevation

A
Nov 26, 2007
Straight av gas 8.5 lbs boost, 1800 ft, 3d programing, zero det, can nail it from a standstill. Just awsome. Just killed a piped m1000 in a drag race that I couldn't beat before. Sled is very fast and hard to hang on to. zero changes in afr ratio at WOT. Perfect

Premium Features