• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 Primary Clutchin

spacer.gif

So i've gone and bought myself the 2010 m8 cause i like the 2008 n' 2009 versions but now ive heard that you would only get between 200-300 miles on it before the stock primary clutch spring breaks, so people have been adding differen springs and weights to try and get something more reliable, and so far i've heard that the yellow-black spring off the 2009's will give you 500 miles befor it breaks, now all im wonering is what would be the most reliable set up for clutching that gives me the least worries and if any one nows what arctic cat is planning to do about all the m8 haveing "****ty" clutchin springs.... and replies are much appreacited thanks.:beer;

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I don't know where your getting your info from, cuz its mostly wrong.

Its only the 2010 spring that is breaking. The others are just fine.

well i hope your right sayin my information is wrong cause it only what ive heard id prefer if they didnt break. but after buying the sled the dealership told me themselfs that even tho ive got the 09 spring in there with adjustable weights it will still only get 500 miles, thats where my info came from.. and i believe me i hope its wrong

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
spacer.gif

So i've gone and bought myself the 2010 m8 cause i like the 2008 n' 2009 versions but now ive heard that you would only get between 200-300 miles on it before the stock primary clutch spring breaks, so people have been adding differen springs and weights to try and get something more reliable, and so far i've heard that the yellow-black spring off the 2009's will give you 500 miles befor it breaks, now all im wonering is what would be the most reliable set up for clutching that gives me the least worries and if any one nows what arctic cat is planning to do about all the m8 haveing "****ty" clutchin springs.... and replies are much appreacited thanks.:beer;

easy, calm down, the 2010 primary spring is indeed incorrect...i was not worried about it breaking as much as how damn hard the engagement was, so it dont really matter much as the primary spring is far from optimal....i cant remember 100% of what i did, below are my findings

- i think i went down to a 130-290 pri spring, much better, just loosen the outside bolts on the pri as you dont need remove the complete clutch ($50??)
- shift assist is needed, but not a huge deal, understand you gotta take that sec apart ($20??)
- i messed with the weights several times to get a feel for what was best, this new HO800 will fall off if you dont get the weights close, and its far from what was published from cat in regard to peak HP.....they say its 8200-8300.......i say its 8150, anything above 8200 and it fell on its arse, well i think i got most of that correct

all in all, contact "racinstation" on here and he will get you need for the right price:face-icon-small-coo

another thing - leave it stock, its hangin and beating just about all of the pipe/can/fuel 07-09 800

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
easy, calm down, the 2010 primary spring is indeed incorrect...i was not worried about it breaking as much as how damn hard the engagement was, so it dont really matter much as the primary spring is far from optimal....i cant remember 100% of what i did, below are my findings

- i think i went down to a 130-290 pri spring, much better, just loosen the outside bolts on the pri as you dont need remove the complete clutch ($50??)
- shift assist is needed, but not a huge deal, understand you gotta take that sec apart ($20??)
- i messed with the weights several times to get a feel for what was best, this new HO800 will fall off if you dont get the weights close, and its far from what was published from cat in regard to peak HP.....they say its 8200-8300.......i say its 8150, anything above 8200 and it fell on its arse, well i think i got most of that correct

all in all, contact "racinstation" on here and he will get you need for the right price:face-icon-small-coo

another thing - leave it stock, its hangin and beating just about all of the pipe/can/fuel 07-09 800

I would have to agree. My 2010 runs the best at 8050-8200 and loses power around 8300.

Jason

Premium Features