• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2 wheels or 4?

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
I have always run 4 wheels since old turbo Vmax 4's 750cc in 1993
Way too many guys come in our shop with looking all over town and for new wheels!
Why wreck your holiday for half a pound and 4 wheels make for easy turning track.
Just my 2 cents worth!

I understand your point. However, what we designed here was a way to run a between the rails wheel set up for people who want to run this style of set up and still maintain reliability.

Stock Yamaha bearings are a light duty 6004 bearing that is 12mm wide and 42mm O.D. The OEM set up is 3 wheels for a total of 36mm of bearing width across the rear axle. If you go to a 4 wheel set up, you are still using the same light duty bearing and have 48mm of total width. Our 3 wheel axle/wheel set up uses a 6304 series bearing that has larger rollers ( 52mm O.D. ) and is 15mm wide per bearing. So, 3 bearings equals 45mm of total bearing width with a higher grade bearing. Almost equal bearing load surface with a higher class of bearing. I'll take that to the back country every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

And if you are still really concerned about running 4 wheels, that will fit between the rails too :)

DSC00220.jpg

Scott

R
Dec 21, 2009
Saskatoon,SK
I understand your point. However, what we designed here was a way to run a between the rails wheel set up for people who want to run this style of set up and still maintain reliability.

Stock Yamaha bearings are a light duty 6004 bearing that is 12mm wide and 42mm O.D. The OEM set up is 3 wheels for a total of 36mm of bearing width across the rear axle. If you go to a 4 wheel set up, you are still using the same light duty bearing and have 48mm of total width. Our 3 wheel axle/wheel set up uses a 6304 series bearing that has larger rollers ( 52mm O.D. ) and is 15mm wide per bearing. So, 3 bearings equals 45mm of total bearing width with a higher grade bearing. Almost equal bearing load surface with a higher class of bearing. I'll take that to the back country every day of the week and twice on Tuesday.

And if you are still really concerned about running 4 wheels, that will fit between the rails too :)

DSC00220.jpg

Scott
Yaaaaaaaaa I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!:cool:

M
Dec 30, 2009
OTF Racing , that is hot!!! I like it. Hey BB, this would qualify as more than 2 wheels and ya can keep the inner look lol. Ha,Ha cool. Scmurs, keep up the good work, your products look like perfection.
And Travis, easy man!!

If you reread my post to BB and his reply back to me, one would have to guess that we know each other right. Come on, he even called me OH Scotty. He's family. So i'm allowed to heckel his threads.:D BB Nytro is just plagued, thats all. Even ask roughrider99, he witnessed another event the year before. I'm just here to watch out for him, so nobody steers him the wrong way or I'll be the one savin the day again on our next trip out west.:D Travis, sorry you were confused.

It was Sean svinfg the day last time of the total 3 times in 3 seasons now

Dec 21, 2008
I like having three wheels on any sled, at least if a bearing goes bad you can take your third wheel off and still get out of the bush with the other two.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
I like having three wheels on any sled, at least if a bearing goes bad you can take your third wheel off and still get out of the bush with the other two.

I agree, plus there is alot of added pressure on the bearings having only two wheels. Its not like the wheels weigh much, why wouldnt a guy want the extra support?

Premium Features