• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Speedwerx 15HP or RK TEK head 15HP ?

J

jonhb

Oct 8, 2009
Iceland
Hi all, i have a small problem deciding if i should get a speedwerx kit (muffler, single pipe,y pipe) or the RK TEK head on my AC M8 2008. Sled is stock today but come summer we all want something more ... right ? :) Both products say they give me the same HP but the cost diff is 500 usd. I have heard great things about both labels and they are good quality. Anybody here have a say in the matter? would appreciate some tips from you who have tried one or both.

Summer greetings,

jonhb

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Get the shim kit , I've heard good things. & makes sence advancing the port timing to make more top end power.

Last edited:

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
You can get an SLP pipe setup for like $550 and you dont need a fuel controller, i would definitely recommend looking into that.

J

jonhb

Oct 8, 2009
Iceland
thanks

i will definitly go with the pipes first. shims i will read more about looks very nice. many thanks again, you all rock :)

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
I have the 15 h.p. kit on my 08 M8 and I was impressed. The kit does come with a base shim and he will cut the head to run the fuel you want at any given elve. I had mine cut to 91 oct. at 2500 feet. Most of my riding is 0 to 6000. It runs pretty close to my 10 HCR. If I had to do it again I think I would send my cylinders in to Kelsey and have them ported with the head. Little more money but if the base shim can do as much I would bet porting would do even more.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The slp pipe works great, add it with porting and head mod, it rocks, slp, dakota performance and cutler porting all work awesome. A friend has the cutler porting (09 m8) and my piped m1000 has to be running almost perfect to beat it. I also came across a guy that had the (09 m8) dakota porting, mesh hood, boss seat and other light weight stuff (he was also 35-40lbs lighter than me) and he beat me. Another friend has the 2010 m8, he weighs 50lbs less and the only place I pull away is at the top of a hill. I would say that both the cutler and dakota ported sleds run as good or maybe better than the 2010 m8.

Premium Features