• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 M8000 RK TEK ?

T
Nov 8, 2008
St Albert
Looking for some feedback as used sleds are not worth anything....Have a 2010 M8 and looking for feedback on switching the 925 over to my 16 M8000? I have new top end, gaskets etc so trying to eliminate any surprises with mapping on programmer V? The clutching is BMP and currently using 74 grams on a stage 2 speedwerx kit with v force reeds. . Ride from 2000 to 8000". I have been told that even though both HO engines are the same, will be a hassle getting the 16 to run correctly? RK TEK have been great sending me a suggested map from a boondocker BUT current experience has been last 2 trips with the 16 with speedwerx stage 2 has been off as I cannot get the correct map? So, looking for some "expert" advise on if I should switch top ends, clutching set up? stock exhaust or current speedwerx fat daddy with 2 inserts and clutch weights or do what my friends say and leave the 16 stock? I feel the RK TEK has been bullet proof but looking to just have a turn key set up. Thx for any advice or opinions.

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm pretty sure the pipe on the proclimb chassis is different then the pipe on the m series chassis (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) so the stock map that your going to alter with your programer will be a little different then the m series one.

T
Nov 8, 2008
St Albert
I have a speedwerx fat daddy on the 16 and was told the pipe is the same as their 925 fat daddy pipe but will have to cut the insert is all? I should be more clear , currently on the 16 is v force reeds, speedwerx fat daddy, speed werx y pipe programmer v and 74 gram weights. Currently on the 10 M8 is koso guage , SLP exhaust , cut injectors, programmer v but have stock pipes for both units if it recommended to use that instead of speedwerx on the RK tek set up. I was also told to not use the autotuned so took it out? Thx for reply!

T
Nov 8, 2008
St Albert
Finally switched the RK TEK 925 over to my 16 from 10 HO. RK TEK sent an updated map, [ programmer v] autotuned speedwerx fat daddy with short insert, [ will go long after 5000"] speedwerx y pipe, v force reeds, 74 gram BDX adj weights...MAN, this thing rocks!!! RK tek makes this engine pull so hard and clean. Very happy as I had questions from both groups who were very helpful. The old M8 is back to stock and will be the ditch banger now.

Premium Features