• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

impluse Turbo Nytro questions

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I just bought a impluse Turbo Nytro about 5600 R's she starts sputtering just when the turbo kick in so is this normal and can't figure out how to turn down boost to run pump gas have the prologger gauge on it. It is a stand alone system

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The best thing to do is call Paul at Impulse. He's answered dozens of stupid questions (mostly stuff in the directions) and still hasn't run outta patience with me. I had a very similar problem resulting from I didn't reset the fuel pressure to 38 lbs when I installed the standalone kit. Also, try checking all the hose clamps and make sure they're tight, especially the two on each short hose from the intercooler to the injector ports. Then make sure all the vacuum lines are connected and zip tied.

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
if its got a head shim you should be able to run up to 17lbs on pump over 5K feet, how much boost are you running now if you wanna turn it down?

Premium Features