• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PC what turbo and why?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Another factor is what the pros ride. It seems like there are more boondocker kits on pro backcountry riders sleds then any other kit, and bOondocker dominates the hill climb circuit.
You don't think this has to do with Boondocker being the largest company and having the most money to blow sponsoring riders? Most pros use what they get paid to use.

w2bridin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
nd
That is also why they cost more.....got to pay those professionals some how. You usually pay for what u get but not always.

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
You don't think this has to do with Boondocker being the largest company and having the most money to blow sponsoring riders? Most pros use what they get paid to use.

Why is Boondocker the largest turbo company? I would guess because they make a great product. I don't think sponsoring riders is blowing money either. The top riders want the top product and the companies want the top riders to test and help develop the product. I don't know if there is all that much money in being a sponsored snowmobile rider. It is definitely not like skiing or motocross. Do you think a pro rider would run a garbage product even if they were paid to? Not saying the other Turbos are garbage.

SnoPro88

Premium Member
Nov 11, 2012
I have a boondocker tial kit with gtx 2863 and intercooled and it absolutly rips. Great throttle response. I had to do very little tuning and the install was very easy. My sled is pull and go.

turbo5.jpg turbo4.jpg turbo7.jpg

F

Firecat162

Nov 7, 2008
British Columbia
Im running pretty much the exact same set up as SnoPro88. This is my third Boondocker powered cat and I can say this kit flat out RIPS!!!! Throttle response is super crisp. Control box??? what control box...you dont touch it!! Period. Going to be tough to beat this kit.:face-icon-small-hap

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Im running pretty much the exact same set up as SnoPro88. This is my third Boondocker powered cat and I can say this kit flat out RIPS!!!! Throttle response is super crisp. Control box??? what control box...you dont touch it!! Period. Going to be tough to beat this kit.:face-icon-small-hap

What clutching are you running? Boondockers or your own?

F

Firecat162

Nov 7, 2008
British Columbia
supplied clutching from Boondocker. MagnaForce weights. Stock Secondary for now. Pulling 8250rpm on good climbs. Once I have more deep days on it, I will play with the clutching some more. Maybe a Team. My sled has ZERO belt problems so i dont want to fix something that isnt broken!

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
supplied clutching from Boondocker. MagnaForce weights. Stock Secondary for now. Pulling 8250rpm on good climbs. Once I have more deep days on it, I will play with the clutching some more. Maybe a Team. My sled has ZERO belt problems so i dont want to fix something that isnt broken!

Boondocker says to run a 58/62 with a black yellow team.

Premium Features