• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Patriot engine seized

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Is there service manual available for download or I need to purchase a paper book? Simply I do not trust my local dealer with a proper installation of my new engine (lol). The techs are not really qualified and they surely do not read the service manual - so I have to do this instead. Are the engine mounts any different on patriot than on the old RMK? Is this possible to position the engine incorrectly in the mounts? There used to be a way to align clutches with a tool on the old RMK, is this still necessary on the patriot and is this somehow related to the engine position in the mounts?

If your dealer will do it for you they have the service manual on their computer. It can be downloaded onto a flash drive in a few minutes. Costs you nothing but the drive. I have these from my dealer for all the sleds i have had. They even supply the drive.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Dealers can have all of the service manuals they want but if their techs dont know how to use basic hand tools or are sloppy as hell I would want to do it myself too. Unfortunately thats the situation here with my dealer. The head guy went to work somewhere else and there are two young guys working there now that I wouldnt trust to change a belt for me.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
If you were to come in my shop and try to tell my techs or me how to do my job it would get pushed out back for a few days till I got the thought of screwing it up out of my mind !!

They probably don't know much as far as you are concerned right ??

It gets nothing good done by "Telling Them what you learned on the internet"!!!!

Some !! And I say some on here have no idea and reiterate bad info again and again ..

As far as I can tell there is maybe 100 or less of the newly designed 850 Patriots having issues out of 10,000
That's a 1% failure and you get more than use with good motors with a Coupon for $525 ( minus dealer markup and $50 deductable comes to $291.25)

How are you coming up with 100 or less?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Glorified parts changers crack me up. They are interested in time and money, not catching the small stuff on my sled. I cringe if my sled had to go to the dealer. Back on topic.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Dealers can have all of the service manuals they want but if their techs dont know how to use basic hand tools or are sloppy as hell I would want to do it myself too. Unfortunately thats the situation here with my dealer. The head guy went to work somewhere else and there are two young guys working there now that I wouldnt trust to change a belt for me.

Glorified parts changers crack me up. They are interested in time and money, not catching the small stuff on my sled. I cringe if my sled had to go to the dealer. Back on topic.

Guys this is exactly my problem, I would not trust my dealer here to change the belt :) Therefore I want to educate myself on the process "just in case" :) The techs are not Polaris techs, they worked on cars 2 months ago and never heard about what sled is. Service manual in english? You must be joking, they cannot speak the language - I guarantee you they have never had the service manual in hand

Premium Features