• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris are you kidding me!!!!!

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Really, this should have been released on April 1st as a joke. Looks like we get a leftover 16' & 17' that the Moco couldn't peddle. They haven't changed S*IT in two years. Last year they offer a new track length, Wohoo! Polaris you just mailed it in again this year. They ought to be embarrassed for the copycat color. You would think after seeing Doo's rendition over a month ago, they would have done something to change it up. Doo is going to kill it again with the stagnant crap Poo is coming out with. The only way these are going to sell is if dealers give some amazing deals. I have been a Polaris homer for many years, but I think my money is going north of the border.

Let's see, for the last two seasons Doo comes out with "Shot" this year (Absolutely ground breaking), new bracing, more clutch refinements, new colors, possible more hp, new 175". Last year they give a whole new chassis, revolutionary 850cc motor technology, new body styling, new handlebar controls, new gauge, new clutch. Did I miss anything?

Let's see, in the last two years Polaris gives us new 174" track, new oil pump, new graphics (lmfao), old motor technology, old bar controls, carry-on sized canister, no belt drive on 3". I'm so pissed I'm readky to throw up! AND they can't even bring a new gas can system for the tunnel. WOW!!

Just my time to rant!

Skidoo was forced to offer something else to catch up. Not sure if you're on an Axys but it is still light yrs ahead of what most riders are capable of, and very comparable to the new Doo in performance. "New Bracing" really? That is nothing more than a Band Aid for their broken bulkhead probs that SkiDoo says doesn't exist. Great motor yes, better than an Axys no chance.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Kooky, isn't it.

We whine about the price increases, but want a reinvented helium-injected sleigh every year, at least every two.

We whine about the resell on our current flipper, but want to obsolete them at an increased rate. Then we pour legitimate retirement savings into mods.

Truly the new definition of "bi-polar" disorder. What a sickness. Gotta love it.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
the sleds are great but to see 3 years and no fixes ??? we all know the problems with the sleds from relays, drivers, clips on track, need a little more venting, all small things but would be very welcomed fixes and might be the tipping point for some to want to get a 18`{and some of the options above wouldn't hurt.. nothing drastic its not hard to see the little tweaks we are doing and offer them as the new years option}that being said I'm glad they take their time with the engine and platform don't need MY $hIt broke because of lack of testing!! I don't want to be the gene pig to for Polaris :D

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
How does changing the spindle make the A-Arm stronger? Yes we made offset spindles and we make A-Arm braces, both with great success but I'm sure this is not the way Polaris would do it.

I think he is saying you keep your stock a-arms and spindals then you have a full a-arm spindal set-up as a backup if you need it.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
the sleds are great but to see 3 years and no fixes ??? we all know the problems with the sleds from relays, drivers, clips on track, need a little more venting, all small things but would be very welcomed fixes and might be the tipping point for some to want to get a 18`{and some of the options above wouldn't hurt.. nothing drastic its not hard to see the little tweaks we are doing and offer them as the new years option}that being said I'm glad they take their time with the engine and platform don't need MY $hIt broke because of lack of testing!! I don't want to be the gene pig to for Polaris :D
I havent seen any of these issues. Little wear on the track, nothing to write home about. 1 bad voltage regulator, thats it. Only on my second belt 1025 miles

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Look at the choices Polaris offers it's Awsome. You want a mountain cat from cat your stuck with one color choice and no other options. You want a skidoo x you get black or blue. You should be thanking Polaris for offering so many choices color,shocks,tracks,handle bars, windshields, PIDD not to mention the golden ticket,warranty and Awsome financing. Thank you Polaris for making my decision easy. Not to mention the Axys is one sweet mountain machine???

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I ran into a guy from Wisconsin who was spending multiple weeks in Idaho riding. He was bemoaning the fact that he had to ride the 14 Pro on his sledbed instead of his Etec 850. I asked him what was wrong with the Doo. It seems that he hit something that did some damage to his A Arms. However, the bigger part of it was the impact trashed the bulkhead. He was not happy about that. He likes the 850 as many people do but they are very prone to bulkhead damage and it is an expensive and time consuming fix. Maybe Polaris is smart in sticking with the Axys 800 as is. It is still one of the best if not the best mountain sled out there in the right hands.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Maybe when they drop the 840 motor next year you would be happy. I can't believe I'm defending Polaris but other than the electrical issues, they have a pretty solid sled. The motors are holding up finally. Talked to a rental place and they have 40 sleds and not one blown motor. With 4,000 plus miles. They have 3 850's and had two staters and a blown motor.

Dec 13, 2015
I was hoping for 3" with Quickdrive option. Might have got me to Snowcheck an 18 so I guess I'll have to ride my 17 another year. I know poor me?. Lol! I would venture to believe something new will be coming out for 19 since they're doing the Golden Ticket again

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Wow I am digging the new Titan , would make a great wife sled ,heated seats ,extra cargo , she could pull a sled with the BBQ and coolers and extra fuel to the play areas , extra seat for the mother-in-law . What a sweet deal .

I love my Axys and did not really need any changes I like to keep them for 5 years anyway .

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
The Titan is interesting, i too was thinking it would be good for the miss and little one.

Not sure i would use "extreme crossover" to describe it though.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Let's face it this year's Polaris reveal was brought to you by their accounting department! I agree that engine and chassis development takes time but no other creativity? They even went backwards with no LE models! As a Polaris customer who has an Axys already there is zip to entice me to buy an '18....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing I would have liked to see is some savings passed on to buyers. Why not drop prices across the board $500 or $1,000 since they didn't have to advertise or retool?

I'm sure business is expensive, but I think it would have helped market share if dealers could tell everyone that the new sleds actually dropped in price for once year over year.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Id have to double check, but thinking I built a sled identical to my 2017 and MSRP was something like $300 cheaper for the 18.

Edit: Looks like a 155x2.6 snowcheck is $200 cheaper, and the PIDD option is $100 less than last year or free if you go that route.

I think it sucks theres no changes, but the snowcheck incentives are great for someone looking at getting into an Axys. Im sure 2019 will bring big things, hopefully a bigger motor option to compete with the 850 and some chassis refinements.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Why **** with perfection?

Remember the last time Polaris followed other brands and put a bunch of stupid pointless **** on a snowmobile nobody needed? They called it the "IQ 900 RMK".

Buy a trail sled with fancy **** and leave the RMKs the **** alone, the less **** they offer the less **** breaks.

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
Typical Polaris Homers! I am not saying that the Axys isn't any good, it is. Anyone that can say it is "Perfection" is smoking dope! Yah, the motor problems seem to have been straightened out, but tons of people are not getting longevity out of them. We all bad mouth Doo about the problems wth their first year sled, but Polaris has had relay issues now for what, 3 to maybe 5 years now? Who gives a damn about more colors, give us some technology like "Shot".

I have read tons of posts about issues with the new Doo, but to speak for the one's we ride with every day, they have not had any issues in the whole bunch other than 3 blown belts between 5 guys. These 5 guys have a total of probably 5,000 to 7,000 miles between them, not too bad for that many miles in my opinion.

Don't give me the crap about "Oh the sled would cost you $18,000". Competition between the brands keeps the price in line with the other manufacturers. And if I am not mistaken, Doo had a 174" long before Polaris copied that too!

I know the local Polaris shop snowchecked 15 sleds last year, when his normal amount was closer to 70. The Doo shop snowchecked 50 850's alone. I think the Poo dealer is in for even a rougher year this year.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The manufacturers have to take their time bringing new stuff to market, otherwise everybody posts the new sled is "junk" when it has some issues.

Doo had their 850 on the snow, testing for years. Yet, like all first year sleds it has had some issues.

We all want new stuff all the time, but if the manufacturers rush it out to us we will crucify them on these forums.

Snowmobile customers are a tough crowd, no matter what brand you ride!

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
Narrower ski stance option and belt drive for the 3" lug option would be cool but honestly in regards to the ski stance, most of us replace with aftermarket anyways after breaking the OEM's. Price point alone makes you want to go to aftermarket.

Seriously did you just say that??? The OEM shouldn't break in the first place. The track shouldn't need to be clipped it's a crap track design. The stock 39 to 41 is too wide and should be 37 to 39 in the first place or at least 38 to 40. I've never seen anyone run wider than 39. Too many of these sleds fall on their face rpm wise after a few hundred miles and respond horribly to altitude and temperature changes. The electrical components suck. The motor is weak compared to the Doo and probably the new Cat.

Polaris is slipping back and not addressing any of these issues is disappointing to me. You guys believe what you like but I'm sick of turning 7800 rpm every time I get over 8500 ft elevation and the dealers can't find anything wrong so I spend hundreds chasing Polaris gremlins. And the grooves wearing into my track at 200 miles are not a figment of my imagination, and no my track is not loose I just ride it on edge a lot.

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Never mind brand loyalty 2017 with two year warranty brand new $9900 OTD all over town, trade value of 2016 3" less than 500 miles no discounts $6500-7. Gee I can't rush out fast enough to snow check for 14k plus.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Not sure if you're on an Axys but it is still light yrs ahead of what most riders are capable of

Can I get an AMEN! I bet 1/2 - 3/4 of the snowmobiler population doesn't even know what an RXL, EXT, MXZ, or Mountain Max even is and never had the true expeirence to ride one of these that I listed and that makes you actually appreciate how sleds have evolved!

Premium Features