• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

One year ago.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
Polaris came out with the Pro RMK last spring and it was nothing but love for it on the forums and at the demo rides right away and It seems people keep loving it more and more.
Now for the Cat, it seems its all dislike one year later. I was thinking of buying a new cat this year but no way now. The New cats looks to be a sno-pro race sled with a long track and big engins. I cant speak for want a sno-pro race sled with a long track feels like in the steep deep but I know a Polaris IQR race sled with a big engine and track sucks to ride in the steep and deep. I know their are a lot of IQR race sleds turned into Mountain sleds but I have only seen 3 sno-pros turned into Mountain sleds. I would have to think that they suck in the hills like the IQR but maybe Im wrong but if im right this new cat will suck.
I bet the new cat wont side hill as good as an old M sled or even close to a PRO RMK.
Maybe someone at cat will be looking at these Post and dump these sled before they build them.
Sorry Cat, I was thinking of buying a new sled from you but I dont see it happening. One more thing, 10 years ago cat came out with the fire cat race sled and these new 2012 sleds are not much different then a 2002 sno pro race sled in my mind. My point being, race sleds dont work well for boondocking, side hilling and deep snow riding.
I would Know I have had a lot of race sled turned into Mtn sled and a stock M sled is better in the hills then any race/mtn sled I have had.

Last edited:

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
The M series was a refined firecat chassis. First actual "firecat" chassis came out as the race sled in 2002, then a production sled in 03, 04, and finally in 05 a new mountain sled based off of that bulkhead.

Now, since 2008 they've had a new race chassis to work with and prove on the track. F sleds in 07 also. So they've been working towards this new mountain sled longer than it took to develop the M.

I think everyone should wait until there are some ride reports or they actually ride one before they go and sh*t-talk the new snowmobile. They've got some high quality parts on these new sleds, the 1100 has had enough proving time, the 800 is strong, these are pre-production sleds. If I've still got my Pro next season and there are new cats highmarking me all day, well then I'll be back on cat for sure.....might be back on cat yet this season anyway.....

and also, 2002 440 sno pros and 2011 600 sno pros are slightly different ;)

Last edited:
S
Apr 5, 2009
The M series was a refined firecat chassis. First actual "firecat" chassis came out as the race sled in 2002, then a production sled in 03, 04, and finally in 05 a new mountain sled based off of that bulkhead.

Now, since 2008 they've had a new race chassis to work with and prove on the track. F sleds in 07 also. So they've been working towards this new mountain sled longer than it took to develop the M.

I think everyone should wait until there are some ride reports or they actually ride one before they go and sh*t-talk the new snowmobile. They've got some high quality parts on these new sleds, the 1100 has had enough proving time, the 800 is strong, these are pre-production sleds. If I've still got my Pro next season and there are new cats highmarking me all day, well then I'll be back on cat for sure.....might be back on cat yet this season anyway.....

and also, 2002 440 sno pros and 2011 600 sno pros are slightly different ;)

Good point. Many have failed to notice that the Pro RMK chassis got its start as a trail sled before it was adapted to the mountains.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
exactly the freaking pro got its start from a bump sled too. you guys are a joke bashing these new sleds...

btw- they have pictures of the 2012 race chassis and the a-arms are COMPLETLY different in mounting points design, shape everything......

pull your head out of your arse and realize cat just stepped up the game big time.

RIDE IT, then judge it. time will tell the durability. till then SHUT your faces im glad you like your pro, and all your doggin on this new chassis has to be fear that its got potential all day to eat your lunch all over the mountain.

-Aksnopro

M

M6johnny

Dec 4, 2007
Brookings SD
exactly the freaking pro got its start from a bump sled too. you guys are a joke bashing these new sleds...

btw- they have pictures of the 2012 race chassis and the a-arms are COMPLETLY different in mounting points design, shape everything......

pull your head out of your arse and realize cat just stepped up the game big time.

RIDE IT, then judge it. time will tell the durability. till then SHUT your faces im glad you like your pro, and all your doggin on this new chassis has to be fear that its got potential all day to eat your lunch all over the mountain.

-Aksnopro

^^^^^^^^^^Well put Aksnopro!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^

All of the poo guys on here talkn smack are a bit nervous I think!! It's not like cat came up with this new chassis over night. Im sure that they will handle better than the 2011 M. If thats the case, the poo guys should be nervous. It took them 6 years to finally get a sled that could compete and now it will be back to the drawing board for them. bwaaaahahahahahaaa

K

KG

Oct 12, 2009
Not impressed if you can't even list the dry weights...I mean come on really? And if they did only lose 5 over the 2011 m8 dream on boys, you were already in 3rd, now what? Just be content?

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
I don't know why all the hatred is out there and this is coming from a Polaris Pro rider. We really don't know a whole lot about this new M series, we especially have NO idea at the moment how it rides, climbs, sidehills, etc.

Personally I hope this is a home run for CAT and if it out powers and handles my pro that will give me more options in the future an push the rest to make a better product.

N
Jan 25, 2011
they wouldnt put it out until it was better. if polaris made the pro and it wasnt better than the m it wouldnt be out yet they would perfect it till it was better. same for cat if the pro climb wasnt a better sled we all would have saw a 2011 m w/ dif graphics and a few upgrades. i have rode the pro and the m very close sleds. the pro climb is a dif story i think it needs a big sticker on it that says PRO RMK EATER :loco:

D
Nov 26, 2007
Your Mom's House
Keyboard Jockeys. Come on out to Idaho and I'll show you how a little race sled does in the mountains. You haven't even ridden the new Cat and it's already a piece of crap. Some things never change. Every time a new sled comes out, regaurdless of brand, somebody is already bashing it without riding it. Why don't you ask Brett Rasmussen if it works?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Bashing is gona have to stop!LOL ONe thing is for sure the 800 cat motor is solid. As for the Pro hope it doesn't cut out or bog when I need it!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think the new cat looks awesome. I think everyone was being unrealistic about the 4 stroke weight. I hope they are as light as the pro but I don't believe they are or they would have brought that to everyone's attention. I already knew I wouldn't want a t-4. Been there and done that. I will have to ride one before I make a decision. I already know the pros run awesome. If it is heavier than the pro, that doesn't mean it won't run better. Look at the 08 xp. They were, by far, the lightest sled out there but they rode like they were the heaviest. If I get to ride one I will make a decision from there. Otherwise, I will order a pro.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
I THINK THE NEW CATS LOOK REALLY GOOD AND GOOD FOR CAT TO STEP UP AND BUILD A FACTORY TURBO LIKE IT OR NOT WE WILL ALL BE ON 4-STROKES BEFORE LONG WHY WOULD THEY PUBLISH A WEIGHT ON A PROTO-TYPE? I DON'T THINK THAT PEOPLE CAN JUDGE A SLED THEY HAVE NOT RIDDEN SEE WHAT THE SNOWEST TEST CREW SAYS ABOUT IT IN THE UPCOMING ISSUES COULD BE GREAT COULD BE WHO KNOWS NOBODY HAS RIDDEN THESE OTHER THAN CAT AND MAGAZINES... LEAST THEY ARE NOT HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE.....

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
well if the poo sniffers knew what they were talking about they would know that the poo ride is an IQR long track with new plastic and few refinements!

Im not sure if you think Im a Polaris guy or not, but im NOT. The new pro RMK in no way is a IQR thats been long tracked. you are very wrong!
I have a feeling that this new M cat will not be as good as a PRO RMK. I bet it rides like a race sled and a Ski doo put togerther.

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
the thing i realized is that all us CAT guys don't bash the pro one bit. we are glad they got a good sled. Now on the other hand, cat comes out with a new chassis and all you poo guys are bashing cat for coming out with something new and posssibily better. i just don't get why people hate it before people demo it. it is what it is, but when the new cats are on the hill, I will be the one on the Green Sno Pro.:loco:

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
the thing i realized is that all us CAT guys don't bash the pro one bit. we are glad they got a good sled. Now on the other hand, cat comes out with a new chassis and all you poo guys are bashing cat for coming out with something new and posssibily better. i just don't get why people hate it before people demo it. it is what it is, but when the new cats are on the hill, I will be the one on the Green Sno Pro.:loco:

All of us "CAT GUYS" are not bashing the PRO RMK because they are a great sled. The Polaris guys dont bash the 10's and 11's M series, because they are great sleds. We had the best CATs ever made in the 10-11's M's, I still think they are as good as a PRO in certain situations and for sure have the best motor out of all the brands!
But last year Polaris Made an Incredible Mountain sled! They made an M series 30lbs lighter, narrower and balanced better than my 10' M8. If your an expert rider you can take the M anywhere the PRO goes, but it "WILL NOT GET ON TOP OF THE SNOW AND CLIMB LIKE A PRO"

So when cat dumps a perfectly good sled that only needed slight changes to back to number 1, it scares me and the fact they made a 4 stroke Mt. Sled? Stupid move? The PRO RMK was number 1 in 2011 and thats who CAT had to beat in 12' if they wanted customers back and if they wanted people like Burandt back someday! I dont think they are Heading down the right path?

I was in Kremling last night talking to the VOHK guys (who by the way are riding pros now) and they said BE HAPPY YOU HAVE A 10' OR 11' cause your gonna be dissapointed! Now I hope thats not the case for sure!

I DONT SEE CAT GUYS BASHING THE PRO AT ALL? I ONLY SEE CAT GUYS SAYING ANYONE WHO BASHES THE NEW CAT IS STUPID, ITS THE BEST? YOU WILL BE EATING OUR DUST?

COME ON GUYS, NONE OF US SHOULD BE SO SURE THEY ARE GONNA BE GREAT OR BAD? But the people that know this sled and have heard what there about, say that this new sled might not be as great as we think! Hence rider forward sno pro chassis. IT WILL NOT HANDLE LIKE AN M, IT WONT SIDEHILL OR BOONDOCK LIKE AN M. I WILL TURBO MY 10' OR BUY A PRO AFTER I RIDE THIS THING?

IT SURE DOES LOOK GREAT THOUGH. I WOULD BUY A WHITE ONE IF IT CAME IN A M800! HOPEFULLY THEY WORK?

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
i just don't get why people hate it before people demo it. it is what it is, but when the new cats are on the hill, I will be the one on the Green Sno Pro.:loco:

What is the difference with what your saying? I DONT KNOW WHY PEOPLE HATE IT?, BUT YET YOU HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT ONE AND WILL BE THE KING OF THE HILL. YOU ONLY BUY CATS! EVEN IF IT SUCKS.

LIKE YOU SAID, DONT HATE IT OR LOVE IT AND BUY ONE ALREADY "BEFORE YOU DEMO IT"

Premium Features