• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reassembling clutch

B

bigthunder

Feb 6, 2011
North dakota
I took apart and cleaned my clutch for the first time. It came off a 2007 summit 800xrs. When I put it back together I align the timing marks. But I doesn't seem to seat together. It seems bottomed out but the primary will still spin. I can't remember it doing that when I took it off. Is it normal to spin before putting it back on the crank. Thanks for the help in advance.

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I took apart and cleaned my clutch for the first time. It came off a 2007 summit 800xrs. When I put it back together I align the timing marks. But I doesn't seem to seat together. It seems bottomed out but the primary will still spin. I can't remember it doing that when I took it off. Is it normal to spin before putting it back on the crank. Thanks for the help in advance.

It will spin.. But should have a little grab if all the way in. You can push in and turn, wiggle it a bit. You can tell if it's in by the space on shaft between sheaves.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yep, it will suck in when you torque it...90 ft lbs, run on the stand a bit and re-torque to 90....the retorque is important.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Is there really 3/16 to a 1/4 inch of clearance between the belt and the sheaves with the bolt tight? I am helping a friend and it doesn't seem correct. I've never seen such a thing. What is the correct spacing and how is it changed? 03 rev 800

Premium Features