• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

!! No Power Over 7000 rpms!!

C
Feb 3, 2010
Well i thought i would have fixed last years issue with the sled bogging down/nothing over 7000rpm. When i have the sled lifted with track off the ground i give WOT and once it hits 7000 rpms ish it like hits a wall doesnt want to go anymore!! I cleaned the e raves which were pretty carboned up installed unipods, and cleaned the throttle body. I just dont know were to start with this anymore.. fuel? clucthing? Anyone have this same issue? I bought the sled used the motor was rebuilt not long ago i guess by brp but the sled only has 2300miles. This thing is turning into a problem child!!! Starting to almost wish i kept my 06 rev 800.

A member on dootalk said check the battery voltage. How about the reeds? Would dirty reeds cause this.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
That's electrical.

Not sure what exactly tho.

Coil?

Stator?

'putor?

Had same issue on an '87 470. Run real strong up to the rev limiter, and that's where you stayed.

I dinked with it a bit, but it wasn't a real issue and didn't spend too much time or $ on it... Never did fix it.

Gunna be whatever regulates the timing curve I guess...

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
so its either a 600 or 1000sdi judging by the fact you got eraves.

when cycling it on the stand double check to make sure the e-rave cables move. if not, theres your problem mine would get stuck and would rev to around 7k and just fall on its face. so i know right at that rpm can cause it to do exactly what you mentioned.

report back and then you can get steered in the right direction.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
so its either a 600 or 1000sdi judging by the fact you got eraves.

when cycling it on the stand double check to make sure the e-rave cables move. if not, theres your problem mine would get stuck and would rev to around 7k and just fall on its face. so i know right at that rpm can cause it to do exactly what you mentioned.

report back and then you can get steered in the right direction.

On the stand? :face-icon-small-con

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
I was in Cooke city with my 05/800.
stock pipe, aaen muffler
Ran 16g in clicker 3 just like the rest of my clutch kits
Could not get the engine over 6800 rpms.
I reduce pinweight, 6800
empty pins 6900
add pinweight to 20 grams 6800
Jet down to in the low 200's 6800
jet up into 400's 6700~6800
clicker to 6, 6800 rpms
clicker to 1, 6800 rpms

.........what da f$#@ is going on?

I call www.dmax.ca up and tell him what is happening. First thing out of his mouth is "the exhaust pipe is not seeing enough pressure to build rpms" "Your aaen muffler is not allowing the engine to build pressure for inside the pipe to make the engine (pump at correct rpms) at 9000 feet.
Put your stock muffler back on and see what happens.

Well back to 16g, clicker 3, jetted back...blah blah blah, stock muffler and well holy crappa moly 8200...woo hoo!

C
Feb 3, 2010
Sorry guys its an 06 1000 renegade. On the stand meaning the rear on the sled lifted off the ground. Like i said it runs great hits 7000k just lays on her face !!

G
Apr 23, 2008
Do every one of the 6 wire changes on doo talk from tom warga.
We have had the exact same issue on an 05 and 06 mach of dimes..lol

voltage drop , and the lack of fuel when it does causes them to not rev and sound like a dieing cow...

Gus

M
Dec 12, 2007
Osburn, Id
Check your battery if you don't have over 12.6V replace it (If mine is under 13V I charge it). Try replacing the three relays in the fuse box they will do some weird sh** when they start to come apart. Also, how much fuel is in your gas tank? Try running it under half and see if it will even run. If it barely runs i recommend the LP fuel pump is out. The correct voltage is huge on these 1000 sdi's if there is a voltage drop your pump won't keep up causing it to bog. Also, I had to replace my exhaust can last year because the baffle had come apart and my air flow was about 40%. Put you stock can on or even look down you can and make sure it is still in good shape.

C
Feb 3, 2010
Well guys spent a good amount of time playing with this sled today. Did the 6 wire mod for the grounds and power supplies, but dont understand when they say hook + to fuse block ? Were would you hook your + feed from the battery into the fuse block? Besides that i checked the erave operation which is working perfect opening around 6500 rpm like it should. What im seeing is when i stab the throttle wot hits 7800-8000 then drops down to 7000ish. While track is lifted it should hold around 8000 correct? Checked y-pipe and exhaust no restrictions. I havent done the new lp fuel pump yet? I guess i need to look in a new direction!!

Battery voltage static 12.8v.
Fuel tank 3/4 full.

P
Oct 26, 2010
get a fuel pressure gauge on the injector rail, you should have around 58psi, see what happens when you rev it and it falls on it's face at 7k
you might be loosing fuel pressure.. also try swapping the relays around.

C
Feb 3, 2010
brought her into the shop today. We'll see what they find im keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all your inputs Ill keep y'all posted.

C
Feb 3, 2010
Called the shop monday they changed out the low pressure fuel pump to an aftermarket napa pump said that fixed it. We'll see im goin to bring her home in a couple weeks the shop is over an hour away booo!!

Premium Features