• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspension set up for wife's 2012 RMK 600?

A

_AJ_

Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Baker
www.northwestglaciercruisers.com
I know many of you ladies are riding the base RMK's and the Pro's and I'd really like your suggestions on how to best setup the suspension for a woman. I'm a big guy and what feels right to me is probably not for her.

My wife has a 2012 RMK 600 and is starting to get off the trail more and more. She has very little experience in different suspension set ups and tends to just ride it how it is.

The stock set up seems stiff and doesn't turn well in the soft snow. Also, sidehilling is more difficult that my Cat 800.

I prefer a stiffer suspension and don't mind the extra effort it takes to maneuver.

She is 5'11" and about 160 with all her gear on. The sway bar is connected at this time and the skis are set wide.

Should I move the skis in? Sway bar out? Any suggestions on spring settings? Limiter straps etc....

Her riding is currently about 50/50 trails and boondocking. I could try different things but if you guys have a good place to start, it would save lots of time and frustration.

Thanks

AJ

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I'm a big guy and what feels right to me is probably not for her.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh 110% correct! Good start! ;)

The stock set up seems stiff and doesn't turn well in the soft snow. Also, sidehilling is more difficult that my Cat 800.

Turn? Or carve? Two different needs and set ups. Sidehilling that thing should be a dream! Thinking front shocks are too stiff?

the sway bar is connected at this time and the skis are set wide.

Set the skis in if you want easier carving. I just took my sway bar out and in light fluffy powder, it is fantastic. Waiting to test it in our heavy snow. On the IQ, in our snow, I hated the sway bar out. Felt it pulled me in the opposite direction of what I wanted at the least opportune time.

I prefer a stiffer suspension and don't mind the extra effort it takes to maneuver.

You don't want her to have to make extra effort... suspension should be much softer for the ladies. Even at her height. Until she gets aggressive it should require less body english (effort) to get that sled to do what it needs to do or else she'll tire out.

Limiter strap should have slack in it, allow that front in to move easier, not sucked to the ground.

Premium Features