• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 800 rmk spark plug issues

X
Jan 20, 2008
P.G
Is anyone else having problems with their rmk fowling plugs?
We've changed out about 18-20 plugs in about 700 miles
It's been to the dealer a few times they've changed injectors ect but it still isn't fixed.
Any suggestions ? Of is anyone else having the same luck?

Old Scud-doo

Premium Member
Dec 28, 2007
Middle Montana
I had a similar problem on an 11'. Ended up being pistons and rings. Once the sled was warmed up it was ok for the most part but I would go through a set or two getting it warmed up. Fought it for almost 2 months. Finally listened to somebody from a large aftermarket company and had the motor tore down. It was exactly as they had been telling me it would be. Flaking and chipping rings, knifing on the edge of the pistons. Rebuilt and ran like a champ again. Hope that not your issue.

C

clamlake600

Feb 2, 2010
Pull the power valve and take a look see at the piston and cylinder...I did just fix one with broken ext valve springs, so you may get lucky... sled had no midrange or topend power before fix.:face-icon-small-ton

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
IMO your dealer should be doing a little more than just changing parts by now. That is if you have given them enough opportunity and it sounds like you have.
It's service like this that is frustrating. I mean 18 plugs in 700 miles should be a concern to them lol because you are a customer. If the techs cannot fix it the service dept should inform you the next step is contacting Poo while the sled is in the shop.

I doubt it is mechanical but you never know. For sure it is fixable and probably will end up being something simple but not a "usual" thing.

I can't remember the last time I fouled a plug. This year, with a fresh top end and un seated rings, I went out with 40 to 1 in the tank, oil pump putting out 30 to 1, and an extra 8% punched in across the board on my Boony box lol. Crazy eh.
When I pulled my plugs in the field one or both would have a drip of oil falling off the ground electrode. Didn't foul a plug though.

Premium Features