• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro bully dog silber bogging

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
OK check out the power valves more closely and there was some issues with it so maybe this is the problem. One valve the gate was upside down (cannot believe it left the factory like this) and both holes right near the cylinder opening were partially blocked with carbon. air does not unplug them and you have to use a small drill bit or right size wire to unplug it. MAKE SURE WHEN YOU UNPLUG THE HOLE THAT THE PISTON IS DOWN SO YOU DON'T HIT THE PISTON WITH THE BIT OR WIRE. The hole is 2 sizes with the hole bigger at the valve side and near the cylinder wall it tapers down so a smaller bit is needed. so far this seems to have fixed it. Motor had a total of 500 miles on it.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
A little more info here on my set up.

When I installed the Bully Dog upgrade, I also replaced my pistons with RKTek direct replacement pistons. I also took the exhaust valves off to inspect and also drilled out carboned up holes and inspected bellows etc. Also put new reeds in, actually they were take offs (cages and all) from a new sled, found them on ebay. New spark plugs as well. I now have 4 rides on the sled since BD upgrade.

Bogging on every ride so far.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I rode in the deep deep snow today. I really like the Silber when it's on, but I'm getting the bog too. I agree with whoever said it seemed like a map issue. I realize Corey and others have this running fine so it does contradict that. But it seems rich on engagement as well as on top. Feels like the sled has to burn through fuel to get going. It creates an "over the bars" feeling quite often. I also saw the det sensor a few times. I'm running Av LL fuel at about 45-50%. I rode well above 11K today.

More info: 13' Pro, stock pistons, 600 miles before turbo, TKI belt w/ oil tank (non self lubricating turbo).

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
I rode in the deep deep snow today. I really like the Silber when it's on, but I'm getting the bog too. I agree with whoever said it seemed like a map issue. I realize Corey and others have this running fine so it does contradict that. But it seems rich on engagement as well as on top. Feels like the sled has to burn through fuel to get going. It creates an "over the bars" feeling quite often. I also saw the det sensor a few times. I'm running Av LL fuel at about 45-50%. I rode well above 11K today.

More info: 13' Pro, stock pistons, 600 miles before turbo, TKI belt w/ oil tank (non self lubricating turbo).

I have been researching this bog issue on other forums also and it seems to be common problem with all the kits out there so I'm not sure what the cause is. After This problem develop i went back to my instructions and went through everything to see if I might have missed anything and the only thing i see i missed was that boondocker wants you to seal the donuts Y pipe and pipe and turbo inlet where the pipe meets with a high temp silicone. I did not do that so I will try this. Somehow I missed that. also going to change all my pipe springs out with new ones and maybe add 3 to every mount point instead of 2. Maybe getting some leakage at some point. I could not see anything leaking but you never know. Just a shot but might make a difference.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
So i fixed my egt sensor and my broken primary spring. Went riding today. Ran good but still have bog and goat. I agree its too rich. That is what i thought from the very beginning with the bully dog.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
I tried both ways early on. Not any better as far as bog goes. Seemed maybe a little crisper on the bottom end...but i just left it in eth. mode as per Cory's instructions.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
I tried both settings with my sled and it runs much crisper on the 91 setting and afr numbers are spot on aside from a little rich mid-high

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I tried both settings with my sled and it runs much crisper on the 91 setting and afr numbers are spot on aside from a little rich mid-high

Are you referring to the non-ethanol mode? I'm currently in non-ethanol mode and see more of the bog than I care to.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I tried both non ethanol and ethanol maps. No change, just as stated by others that it seems slightly crisper...

bluemt escape

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2009
Dayton, WA
silber turbo bog

I just got back from Revy. Hillclimbing and riding in deep pow in trees for 3 days. my sled bogs out as well. after 1/2 to 3/4 or full throtle, when you let up it falls on its face. No bog taking off or climbing until you let off the throtle a bit. Mine is not acting like the ones in the videos. Not all the time, just in a bad spot climing or in the trees to get you stuck. Talking with dealer now. as well as silber. droped the sled off today, hopefully we can come up with somthing. Other than that the sled rips! Does anybody have any answers yet?

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Where are you headed? Maybe i could have my sled there so you can check it out.
On a different note, from a tip on the pro forum, i pulled my exhaust valves to find one that has the wrong gasket which makes it leak. So i am fixing that now and will try it out this weekend. Fingers are crossed lol.....

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
I have been addressing this. We are headed out next week to work on a solution for the folks having a problem.

Thats great! I understand that not all sleds will have the issue, the bullydog tune for our sled is no different than the h&s tunes for our diesel pickups.. Always updates to the tunes.

Premium Features