• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Next Generation Silber Turbo Pro RMK Kits

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Corey and Dave had a oiless turbo on Daves sled and it pulls like a clydsdale on steroids. Another thing that was interesting was when he shut off the sled you could here the turbo for 30-40 seconds after spinning like crazy. Only downfall was that turbo is expensive as chit.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Well played sir!

I know am digging the KPA turbos I’m running

The advantage this set up has over the Vipec (besides cost) is it uses the factor OEM architecture in the ECU. This aspect has been R&D by the manufacture or contractor to the hilt. All factory protection should be in place along with the ability to trouble shoot problems easily through the factory display or maybe even through the Bullydog (no codes just simple wording).

Do you know when the rom file out of the ecu was dissected if there is a possibility to set up extra tables for boost control and if there is a channel available in the ecu for it?

Hopefully this will be available to some of us small time tuner guys, I don't know what the licensing will be like though. :rain:

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Corey and Dave had a oiless turbo on Daves sled and it pulls like a clydsdale on steroids. Another thing that was interesting was when he shut off the sled you could here the turbo for 30-40 seconds after spinning like crazy. Only downfall was that turbo is expensive as chit.

That one is a COMP turbo. The KpA isnt quite ready yet.

We do not plan on carrying the COMP's once the Oiless KpA's is finished unless somebody really wants one.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I played it on my computer and went about my business. Turned the sound up.
At one point, the sound came on 10 mins into it somewhere. I stopped playing it at that point because I heard only music and very litte sled sound.

Gotta hear the sleds. LOL

Can't wait to hear it with just pure sled sounds.

I

IQRIDR

Nov 27, 2007
Mountains, Alaska
Anxiously awaiting sound as well but major props to you guys for getting on the leading edge. Sounds like this might be the ticket. Maybe we can finally convince people that sea level turbos can be reliable when tuned correctly...maybe we need to get one on the 2014 Assault I just 'checked for the shop :D

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Lets try this one. We are purposely driving at steady throttle position so you can see it has the drivability of a stock sled. This also has a good explanation. You also get a glimpse at the 2014 kit.

Justin and the crew have been very hard at work and all the Silber customers get to reap the benefits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAcSK4e5YXc

Last edited:
R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Are you confident enough in this system to offer a warranty on the motor against a lean burn down?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
There are too many factors to provide that kind of warranty. We have had a dozen folks with fuel pumps go out over the last few years not to mention stock sleds burn down. Throw that in with folks who run too much boost for the octane they are running there is no way we can warranty them like that.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
It does flow a little better. We do our best year over year to improve the kits and little differences here and there add up.

I remember you and Justin coming out strong, and saying the possible blocking of the exhaust flow didnt do anything bad on the older kits, that it didnt cause back pressure? Then why change the design?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
There wasn't an issue the way it was. We got feedback from people that wanted to see a divorced downpipe so we gave them the most flowing exhaust possible. Changes are not alway driven by necessity but by giving the customer what they want.

Last edited:
Premium Features