• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 V-Force and Throttle body boot issue

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Couple weeks ago I posted about ideas on an oil leak. After removal it appears that the oil leak is coming from the throttle body boots and gaskets. It appears that V-force reeds were installed and the boots were trimmed (hacked up bigtime) with a razor blade for the v-force to fit. It looks like that the oe boots are NOT allowing for everything to seat real well. I'm new to this type of 900 thing. Anybody got any help. Does v-force make t-body boots to go with the reeds so I don't have to razor blade the new ones?

R
Dec 17, 2006
Couple weeks ago I posted about ideas on an oil leak. After removal it appears that the oil leak is coming from the throttle body boots and gaskets. It appears that V-force reeds were installed and the boots were trimmed (hacked up bigtime) with a razor blade for the v-force to fit. It looks like that the oe boots are NOT allowing for everything to seat real well. I'm new to this type of 900 thing. Anybody got any help. Does v-force make t-body boots to go with the reeds so I don't have to razor blade the new ones?
Not that I know of, you got to cut the stock ones, dont cut to much either it will make them weaker, but they should have not been leaking oil out of them?

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
I just took off a set done by carls and they apperared to have been belt sanded down to the metal core it was well done and made a good sealing surface! Iam replacing them and will do the same!

Premium Features