• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP electric start Install

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
Was wondering if anyone has installed a factory e-start on a 08 xp is there a empty plug on the harness for the start solinoid or do you have to buy a new cable from the RER/ Start switch looked at some fiches and looks as just find the right plug and go or WHAT!!!

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
pretty sure its plug and play. why would you want to add electric start though? These things seem to start super easy!

K
Jan 14, 2008
i'm putting electric start on too i do think its plug and play i'm only doing it because i have a turbo and it floods bad when you roll it

X

xteam

Dec 2, 2007
no you need a $42 dollar cable, talked to my dealer P#515176502 - WIRING HARNESS - $42.49

J
Feb 26, 2011
2009 skidoo 800r electric start question

So with the kit is it plug and play so the little grey button will work by just pressing the RER button? if this makes sense? i have seen some people put a key on them dont want to do that, also i assume there is already a ring gear on the clutch? Thanks!

Premium Features