• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Tech

O
Dec 13, 2008
Bozeman,Mt
Well im very interested in pursuing a career in snowmobile tech. I have been unsuccessful in finding a school that has that training. Does anyone know of a school for this training or is there another way to become a cat master or polaris certified tech.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
You just need to get your foot in the door at your local dealer. From there all the makers have their own training courses to dertify you. Now the down side is this, You will most likely not make enough money working at al dealer as a mechanic to own a new sled that your own shop sells! Bummer, just is not alot of pay in it at most shops...Good luck

G

Gone Sleddin

Nov 26, 2007
our local tech school has a power sports program. there are quite a few guys that take that and go on to be a snowmobile mechanic.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Mitchell Technical Institute in Mitchell, SD has one, just started this year. Whether it's any good or not I don't know.

G
Nov 28, 2007
Montana
Tech school

Dont forget MMI, yes, they are known mostly for m/c,w/c, and atv's, but also have an excellent snowmobile program. Most all the new technology trickles down from bikes to sleds anyway. As a grad, I encouraged a friend just like you (eager to learn) and he now is doing what he loves. No, he doesnt make alot of money YET, but he will. He's that kind of a kid.

Premium Features