• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best battery for 300 XCW?

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Anyone have advice on what to replace my old dead lead acid battery with? I want to continue to run an explorer LED snow bike headlight for brief periods when the engine is off.

Heard the LiFe type are light weight but lack e start power in cold temperatures. Advice on the best type and brand would be much appreciated.

M
Jan 14, 2004
There's lots of lightweight solutions out there but unless you have already sprung for a Yeti it really doesn't make that big of a difference in the end. Its pretty hard to beat a Yusa YTZ 7S for the money and reliability. I'm pretty sure that fits in a 300. Don't buy one of those Chinese 7S batteries, they are crap.

M5

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I guess I was counting on it working during the summer as well as I want to use the bike all year, not just as a snow bike...in that case weight is a factor but I hear you on the Yeti being a push for the ultimate low mass centralization.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I been using a battery tender lithium with great results. It cranked well all winter including showing up on the truck bone cold. Also held charge all summer while it sat in garage. I’m very happy with it.

Premium Features