• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oh what do you know more problems with my 07 M1000!!!!!

Sep 29, 2008
Took the sled out this weekend and it ran awesome both days. Just went to take it off the trailer and i could barely even get it to pull over so after a bunch of short pulls it fired then died tried it again and the rope just keeps whipping back in and about broke my hand one of the times. So whenever i finally get it started it will idle fine for about 10 seconds and then slowly idle down and die. However it still seems to rev up just fine the only engine code im getting is the 1-7 for the pipe sensor which has been that way for a couple weeks now and im pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. Thought it was maybe trying to seize up but i can turn my primary without any problems at all. Please help!!!!!

U
Dec 20, 2007
Washington
I had my M8 flashing the exh. probe it ran for several rides and then it went dead and the was a long day getting it back to the truck. Took the probe out of my other M sled and it fixed it. Put a new probe in and have not had any trouble since. It would pull and try to start every now and again. Put the other probe in and it fired right up. Only problem 2 sleds and only one good probe.

DTR

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2008
ND
www.DTRND.com
Anytime you have a code flash on your dash, the ECU goes into "fail safe" mode. This adds a lot of fuel to keep the engine alive. Being in fail safe all the time, you are over fueling the motor. During start-up, the sled is basically flooding out. This is why it fires, then low idles and dies. If you look at your plugs, they will be black and wet. Pipe sensor, water temp, air temp, throttle safety switch, overheat, injector failure, and servo failures will all result in fail safe mode being activated.

DTR

B
Dec 21, 2006
Anytime you have a code flash on your dash, the ECU goes into "fail safe" mode. This adds a lot of fuel to keep the engine alive. Being in fail safe all the time, you are over fueling the motor. During start-up, the sled is basically flooding out. This is why it fires, then low idles and dies. If you look at your plugs, they will be black and wet. Pipe sensor, water temp, air temp, throttle safety switch, overheat, injector failure, and servo failures will all result in fail safe mode being activated.

DTR

Nice explanation.....x2^^^^

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.

DTR

Moisture in the ECU and connectors can cause this also.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Water in ECU

I had mine do this for the first time ever this year. Would not start and every once and a while it would jerk the rope right out of my hand ended up being moisture in ECU plug. Dried it out and put Dielectric grease in all of my fitting.

Sep 29, 2008
Ok thanks guys im going to see about the moisture in the ecu its very possible since we had some insanely deep snow up at bachelor this last weekend. As far as being flooded i just went out and pulled my plugs and pipe pulled the pull rop about ten times and let the sled sit. Put it all back together and nothing changed. It wouldn't surprise me if its electrical cuz i've had plenty of those problems so far this year.

Premium Features