• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help 06 M7 bog/sputter under throttle and also goes to one cylinder?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Its a 06 m7 153" has slp can,vforce 3 reeds,and alumium bigger intake tube. Seems boggy on low end but when i pin it it has a bog/sputter and than sometimes goes to running on 1 plug. It idles a little high too and when i pull the throttle tight back to the handle bar at idle it wants to cut out and stuff. would the tps do all this or no? help

SKIP DOWN TO MY LAST POST AND READ NOW ALSO. THANKS

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Could be lots of stuff, start with the basics, comp check. Could be a dead cylinder, that is easiest to rule out before going into fuel and electronics.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You have a Box on that thing? Seems like too many mods to not have one, but I could be wrong. If so, you could have cooked a cylinder for sure.

J

jds

Mar 13, 2008
duluth mn.
Try putting the stock can back on. That has been a prob on many cats some work good with a can some dont

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Sound like a failing fuel pump.

I would check TPS for sure, but that would be my guess.

Also, this is assuming that it ran fine before with the mods and now the problem has started.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
You are running last years gas? Ok, even more basic than comp check, try some fresh fuel. May not make any difference, but no point doing anything with bad/old fuel.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
You are running last years gas? Ok, even more basic than comp check, try some fresh fuel. May not make any difference, but no point doing anything with bad/old fuel.

I don't think I've ever seen a year with so many guys having all this trouble, bad gas is 90% of the issues.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It's funny, I like to use fuel from old parted sleds to light my burn barrel. If I have a tank of fuel it sits in the yard and I pour it in, then light. Last one was from one of Todd Tupper's 01 race sleds, it hadn't been run in many many years. That fuel wasn't even fuel any more. Usually I pour some gas in, throw a burning rag in and run, lol. This old stuff I could light with a torch standing right there next to it, no flash and would hardly light.

D
Nov 26, 2007
ok i drained the gas put new stuff in. new plugs and a little sea foam in also. It seems like it ran good on and off right after if you kept the rpm up,if i let it go down to a low rpm and wind it back up i have to get rid of the bog than it runs good again. Now it sat for a week after i did all that and it just falls on its face again when you gun it and idles real high. Could this be sticking power valve cables or bad ones or out of spec? or bad clutch? please help

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Have you checked the "smart" valves inside the fuel tank at the bottom?

Stack

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
If you run the sled low on fuel the pickup valves can get stuck causing similar issues you speak of. This happened on my M7

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
I would check the fuel pump regulator. Shine a light in the tank and make sure the excess fuel is coming out the regulator, back into the tank. I have seen the regulators go bad and the fuel will spill out the sides of the regulator and you will erratic fuel pressure.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Did you try new plugs? How bout the injectors? Try tapping on the injectors "lightly" with a screwdriver or something comparable while you have it running.

Premium Features