• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 RMK seat modification ideas

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID

I believe that's what I put on the GF's sled, the +3" model and the storage bag.

WRPEdgeSeat.jpg

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
For years I put off buying a boss seat, Now that I have one I would not ride an Edge without one. I love all the storage. I'ts a very comfortable light weight seat and your back and knees will thank you at the end of the day. For me a boss seat is a must have mod. I did sit on a WRP seat and they are very high quality and comfortable as well, they are not as light as the boss. But you cant go wrong with either. (Just get rid of the low stock one!)

3 must haves on an Edge
1. handlebar riser
2. Boss seat
3. running boards (I like WRP Boards)

M
Nov 7, 2009
Chinook, MT
Here are the pics sorry it took so long. (i was gone sledding) :rockon:
DSCF5716.jpg

DSCF5722.jpg

DSCF5720.jpg

First I took some 1" strapping and ran it around the fuel spout then stapled it to the front of the seat.(kind of like a boss seat)
DSCF5719.jpg

Then I took the same strap and ran it to the back of the top of the post mount, wrapped it around it and pulled tight then stapled it to the seat.
DSCF5718.jpg

After that i took two 1 1/2" plastic pipe "T"s and glued them together to make a "H" for support and put pipe caps on the ends. I then used Velcro to attach to the tunnel and seat.
DSCF5723.jpg

For looks, I took some vinyl and stapled it to the bottom of the seat, loosened the fuel tank and tucked it under then tightened the tank. Used some more Velcro so the front won't flap or come undone.
So far so good. If you have any questions, you can PM me and i'll try to clarify.

Premium Features