• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tuning ?

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
got 02 MC 800 Efi , vF3 reeds, rkt-tek head, and going to put on speedwerx single pipe and y-pipe with thing can, was wandering if i will have to have a boondocker box or not.

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
I run my 800efi with a dd single pipe mbrp can, speedwerx 14.1 head, vforce reeds with a gutted airbox stock. Haven't had any problems, but that doesn't mean you wont. Do you run egts? Check your piston wash and plugs. I think quit a few guys have actually run them without boxs. I'm not telling you it will work though, but it does work on mine.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
RKT says you can drop a jet size or two with their head. For the pipe you are supposed to add a jet size or two. In my mind one offsets the other and jetting or injection duration should remain the same.

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Had the exact same sled with those goodies minus the head and ran it with no controller box for two years. That was with the ethanol plug still connected so I could have fattened it up a little bit, but didn't need to. Plugs were nice and tan with this setup vs black and gummed up when running the stock pipe. These sleds are plenty rich from the factory. Just don't sit at mid range throttle for long periods - try to vary the rpms.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I'd say you'll be fine judging by PC-DOC's post. The only difference in your setup is the RK-Tek heads and your head has more coolant area than stock so that will help keep her running cool and help avoid any lean condition.

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
Thanks alot guys,much appreciated I will get that pipe on there and try and get a boondocker next year. I can put alot of gas in the sled for the price of that box.

Premium Features