• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled for the little lady...

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
My girl has an old 95 polaris 488 trail that she has learned to ride on, but now its time to donate it to an opening sequence on a slednecks video! what are you other lady's riding? she is about 115 lbs and blonde if that helps! :)

W
Dec 7, 2007
Victor ID
My honey has a 05 Rev 600 and she goes everywhere me and the boys go (And the other girls that ride the mountains). Get your girl a good sled and she will like it better and so will you.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
My girl has an old 95 polaris 488 trail that she has learned to ride on, but now its time to donate it to an opening sequence on a slednecks video! what are you other lady's riding? she is about 115 lbs and blonde if that helps! :)

i'm interested to know too, because my little gal needs another sled too, and she breaks maybe 105 with sled gear on.

Snorider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 3, 2008
lol if i buy a sled for her with the back up sled for me in mind she'd kill me. though we wouldn't have to designate a sled trip when we bring all the girls, but it would still be bad news.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
The Mrs. rides a stock M 7, and she does well and it's kinda fun for me to ride once in a while too.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
my wife rides an 07 700 dragon.

If she is coming off a 95 sled, I would aim her at the 600 class of sleds.
If you are actually interested in "her" having fun and not just getting a backup for you, let her ride the different sleds and see which one she likes the best. Then buy it.

X
Nov 26, 2007
My wife had a 97 SKS 700 but rode my dad's spare a 2003 SKS 700 most of the time. I am looking at getting her a 06-07 RMK 600 144". She has rode a F6 Ext and liked the rider forward and a-arms. Just felt better I guess. I'm not much of a Yamaha fan but have thought about a Phazer MTX since she also is just about 110 lbs. I thought she would be able to throw that around and there is not much maintenence on them. But I have read they aren't that great on the trail. I will probably end up with a 06 or 07 600 RMK 144".

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
I would suggest LETTING her pick!! See if you have places to either rent, test or a friend that will let you "borrow". I know us women have much different riding styles, and I truely feel that if you let her pick what she is comfortable on you will be much happier. My hubby rides a '07 M1000 162 cat, I have a '06 800 151 Doo (I am 5'2" and 125 # w/ gear).

Last edited:
I got my wife a 06 600 switchback, put 2inch track on it, she loves it and thats all that matters. Had to put 08 spindells and 08 skis because a little hard to steer polaris changed there spindells what a huge improvement.:beer;:)

C
Nov 27, 2007
Selah WA.
started her on a 95 xlt, then a new 02 rmk 600 144, now shes going to a 05 rmk 800 159 and iv never seen her ride so confidently. she absolutly loves the big ol sled and it shows in her riding. i agree let her choose, make her ride your buddys sled, we where testing a new rmk 600 155 for her when during the day she rode my friends 800 and she said thats the one she likes....so we told him he had to sell it. haha, so he gets a new dragon next year and we are all happy

'08 Phazer MTX - For wifey

Purchased a new Phazer for my wife around a month ago and she loves it. She is only 120lbs and she says it feels so light (Yes, I used the word light when talking about a Yamaha :eek:).

I can't use my wife's sled as a backup, she will not let me ride her sled. She says "break your own sled". :D

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
What kind of track length are your ladies riding? Looking to get her a newer mountain sled to suit her size (5"6, 115lbs).

Height and weight don't really matter.
My wife came off a 144 to the new 155 and loves it.
How does she handle the sled??
Can she get the sled to do what she wants or does she have to try and manhandle the sled?
If she is an aggressive rider a 163 will be fine. If she is pretty meek and mild I would get a shorter track (say a 144). But above all else, let her decide what she likes.

1 ride on a sled and she will know if she likes it or not.
Most dealers will have demo sleds. Just go down and tell them you are getting a sled for your wife and you want her to demo the sleds. They can arrange a demo ride for her.

S
Dec 9, 2007
wifes sled

junky, my wife is about the same size and came off of a yamaha Exciter. She now rides a 07 RMK 600/155. She just loves it, and man does this thing go through the snow. I would highly recommend this sled. Just make sure you have a better sled then her or she might be waiting for you at the top. Oops forgot you said she was a blonde she might not be able to find the top. LOL.

T
lol if i buy a sled for her with the back up sled for me in mind she'd kill me. though we wouldn't have to designate a sled trip when we bring all the girls, but it would still be bad news.

LOL thats true, but your suppose to say "honey I want you to have just as good of sled as I have" :D
I actually ordered her a 146 Xp X W/ electric start and a higher windshield.
There was a mix up and it was sold to someone else, Then I decided to get her a 146 Everest. But she decided she wanted my XRS instead. When we went in to pick up my new XP, she and my son were standing there looking at the XP and they fell in love with it. About that time my dealer came in and said "I have one more just like it that someone just backed out of ,do you want it?" They both looked up and said "Yes"
But she actually prefers riding the 04 144X. And my 17 yr old son has pretty much claimed the other XP.

Premium Features