• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 low power

B

barh

Apr 8, 2007
Mich
hey guys. ive a 05 900 fresh. i did everything new pistons, crank bearings , trued & welded.ect. everything is new. this problem started last year but i was going to trade so did not worry about it. kept it instead so thought i would just freshen and everything would be ok. not so. to start has a bog at 4700& then again at 6700. i have tried everything i can think of . if u start it & unplug pto plug wire it will move. if u try it the other way it will hardly run & will not move pto side is running rich. i have tried to trim this with my boondocker but to no avail. also when i get my a/f #s where they should be it is way fat. when i cut them to where it will run i get readings in the 14's. compression is 130 both sides. mag side is running 50 degrees hotter at times when i shot it with laser. local poo dealer says maybe coil says he has seen it fault at rpm but this doesn't explain idle. any help please don't know what to look at next. no codes show. thanks

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
best to test the stator and tps and check the tps harness for broken wires check the stickies at the top of the page for info on checking them. there are also several threads in the last few days on things to check.

Premium Features