• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 900 RMK bogging

C
Jan 1, 2008
Iowa
My 05 900 rmk runs great, but when I jump or somehow jar the sled it acts like someone just shut the gas off. Im assuming its a fuel problem and not electric, because it only does it when jarred. It comes right back out of it, but it can really screw u up if your climbing. Ive tried to pump the throttle while its doing it , that doesnt seem to help.

Thanks for any suggestions

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
It sounds more like an electical connection is loose and when the sled is jarred it intermittently shuts off spark.
I would check your ignition and kill switches wiring.

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
check the throttle cable adjustment also i could be loose and cause them to loose contact that would momentarily shut the sled off.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
My 05 900 rmk runs great, but when I jump or somehow jar the sled it acts like someone just shut the gas off. Im assuming its a fuel problem and not electric, because it only does it when jarred. It comes right back out of it, but it can really screw u up if your climbing. Ive tried to pump the throttle while its doing it , that doesnt seem to help.

Thanks for any suggestions

Check all your electrical connections, make sure there latched and tight.
If latch broken, tie strap it together.

Check all your grounds to make sure they are tight. Theres on in the footwell.

C
Jan 1, 2008
Iowa
I could use some more suggestions, it is still acting up. Tonight it acted up and I just held the throttle wide open for about 200 yds, acted like it was running on one cylinder. As soon as I let off the throttle and got right back in to it, it quit and acted fine????

thanks for any help

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I could use some more suggestions, it is still acting up. Tonight it acted up and I just held the throttle wide open for about 200 yds, acted like it was running on one cylinder. As soon as I let off the throttle and got right back in to it, it quit and acted fine????

thanks for any help

You pulled the tank and checked all connections?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC

Injectors,stator or powervalves. I would lean toward injectors. I have 5000 miles on the 900 and had all the problems.
Good luck

C
Jan 1, 2008
Iowa
I have taken the seat off and checked connections, everything appears to be fine (no pinching, no freys, looks like tight connections, no bare wires). I was wondering about the throttle override on the on the bars, its connected to the kill switch, can I disconnect the kill switch under the bar pad and eliminate all of that? Other than that Im baffled. Dont see how injectors would affect the sled the way it does, and a stator will just give up wont it?? Thanks for the help.

S

snwman77

Banned
Nov 27, 2007
Firestone Co.
make sure you dont have snow or water sitting in your air box. my 900 would do that same thing when there was snow or water in there. it was mostly snow. One time the sled found a way to fill the whole air box up with snow and it was a light snow day. I didnt have a stock air box but i know the stock one can fill up with snow.

Premium Features