• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys snowcheck V Axys pro

H
Nov 27, 2007
Pleasant View Utah
Hey guys, I'm thinking about stepping up from the Pro chassis next yr. Was wondering if the painted tunnels on the snowchecks have been better at keeping excess snow and ice from building up under the tunnel ect.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The Axys is WAY BETTER for less snow build up on the outside of the tunnel and on the rear drop brackets.

Not sure about the underside of the tunnel below the tank. Haven't inspected that yet.

M7SLEDHEAD

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Plato MN
16 or 17

Same boat here......got rid of my 13 PRO and now debating picking up a 16' 163"x 2.6" or waiting for snow check. Found a 16' in MN for 11,500 OTD. I don't for see anything besides BNG for 17'

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
My 16 Axys with the bare tunnel (in season) gets very little snow build up. Not an issue with the Axys, painted tunnel or not, in my opinion.

P

Peterbilt359

Sep 21, 2009
West
My painted axys tunnel is much better than my pro was. Although my running boards are starting to flake extremely bad after only 20 hours on the machine, interested to see if the tunnel will stand the test of time...

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Yes Polaris really needs to take a class from cat and doo on how to paint stuff. My 15 td was flaking after the first ride.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
4 Axys in our stable and several customers that ride with us-
I have to be "That guy" I guess-
but 14 pros' (Unpainted)that ride in our group and all our snowcheck ("Painted") tunnels still stack on the snow!.
The worst is at the rear of the running board brace as it builds forward as the older pro's always did.
IMHO we need to ditch the edged tunnel cooler which melts the snow changes to ice and continues to build...
I agree Polaris needs to take action on the painted tunnel vs the Cat-( or what ever they do better) but with 14 and up Cat forwarded cooler under the seat area - the tunnel doesn't get the warmth and have snow sticking....
Changing boards (BM Fab's) really does help-the snow fall through better for sure! but the 16 stockers IMHO is not any better than the Pro's of prior..
S/C

Premium Features