• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XCR 440 Carbs????

T
Oct 5, 2009
I am looking for a swap of carburators for my 95 XCR 440 Special. They have 32mm stock and from what I can see there are no parts you can buy for these because they stoped making them. Is this true and can i stick a set of 44mm on there? Thaks guys

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Are you sure about the 32mm size? It has been awhile, but I believe they might be 38mm. Although sometime around that time, ISR mandated a max carb size of 34mm for the racing 440's. Concerning the 44mm carbs, I believe the 440 race engine was ported to the moon and produced its power way up in the rpm band - the 44's may make the situation worse. I think you have what you have, the 440's were high strung race engines (that made 600cc power) that required a race mentality to go with it - everything has to be right and in balance to obtain the sled's potential. I'd just keep it as is and get the rest of the sled -clutches, track and ski alignment, all else into operating parameters and rip hard. There are not too many around - a cool project sled. Cheers.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
the 95 XCR 440 Special comes with 2-VM34SS Slide carbs.

so 34mm carbs should be stock for that sled, I have a set of carbs off a 97 XC 440 if u are interested??? drop me a PM if interested.

CK

T
Oct 5, 2009
Carbs

Hey I see you are in MN anyway you can tell me what the carbs are? Are they 38mm? I found out that I can put a set of 38mm on there if I use the CDI from an indy 500. Please email me Timmyprovo@yahoo.com
the 95 XCR 440 Special comes with 2-VM34SS Slide carbs.

so 34mm carbs should be stock for that sled, I have a set of carbs off a 97 XC 440 if u are interested??? drop me a PM if interested.

CK

T
Oct 5, 2009
Are you sure about the 32mm size? It has been awhile, but I believe they might be 38mm. Although sometime around that time, ISR mandated a max carb size of 34mm for the racing 440's. Concerning the 44mm carbs, I believe the 440 race engine was ported to the moon and produced its power way up in the rpm band - the 44's may make the situation worse. I think you have what you have, the 440's were high strung race engines (that made 600cc power) that required a race mentality to go with it - everything has to be right and in balance to obtain the sled's potential. I'd just keep it as is and get the rest of the sled -clutches, track and ski alignment, all else into operating parameters and rip hard. There are not too many around - a cool project sled. Cheers.
Actually pal I am not sure at all I dont think they are 38mm I wish they were but I am just trying to figure out if I can throw a set of 38mm on there with an indy 500 CDI?

Premium Features