• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt slip

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
hi guys just wondering whats the best way to get rid of belt slip i have a 2011 m8 153 with a 1.25 track running at 1000ft runs real strong till about 50 mph then seem like it revs but dont go anywhere im pretty sure its slipping about 3/4 of the way up the primary i have some black belt stains i'm running mds weight with polaris sprind and stock secondary thanx

JBIZ

Premium Member
Dec 8, 2008
Saskatchewan, Canada
sounds like bad clutching, polaris spring? im assuming you have a the mds weights for lower elevation. Id start with returning clutching to stock. As per manufacturers specs for your elevation. Should say the weight and spring combos under the hood

A

AKLankford

Oct 13, 2009
Wasilla, AK
Im not to good with clutching but you can take some emory cloth and work youre way all the way around the sheaves (keep it even) to get rid of the scuffs.

Someone correct me if im wrong

06m7

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
not sure on the the total weight but its the most i can put on the tip i had emery clothed the clutch before last ride i'm thinking hopeing its a bad belt when it gets a little warmer will try different belt and see might also try throwing weight to the belly of the weight i'm doing what steve tells me to do he said its never happend so belt could explain it all

Premium Features