• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Carls Cycle 900/975

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Polaris Carls Cycle 900/975 SOLD

2005 Polaris Carls Cycle 900/975

Motor was rebuilt 200 miles ago, ECM replaced 200 miles ago

Top End was disassembled due to a cracked intake boot, however no damage was found and owner didn't ride the sled anymore. pistons are perfect.

Exhaust transfer's have a tiny crack. After talking to Chris at Carls and seeing other motors re-run this, it doesn't cause any issues.

Lower end is in good shape, cases have been ported also so it would be best to sell it with both bottom and top end.

Motor runs on a 50/50 race gas/pump gas

This will include everything needed

Head
power valve assy's
pistons, jugs
assembled lower end
Carls mapped ECM

$1,600

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I forgot to add that this is a 2005 motor and ECM. The question of will it work in a 2006 has come up. The answer is yes.

It wouldn't really matter if you wanted to install this into a 2006 since it's being sold with the properly mapped 2005 ECM and comes with the lower end containing the injectors. You would simply have a couple extra injector connectors in your existing 2006 wire harness not being used.

Regardless of which year you own, this would be great for someone who needs a new motor or if your motor is still good, you could sell your original motor and probably make up the difference. If I still owned my 900, I'd scoop this up in a second.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
HP wise, i would say about 215-225...Jack Struthers does not post HP number to the public.

i have one of these kits and they are RARE and BEASTS..

you can also run these on 50/50 Avgas/pump gas FYI.

do NOT forget to include the injector spacers (simply an extra injector o-ring in front of the injector)

the 05 motor will work in the 06 chassis as well with NO modifying to the bulkhead and by simply changing a few parts to the 05...like the steering column, 05 wiring harness (injector harness)

Dave is a n incredibale guy and will not BS you, he is straight up, and will do what he can to help out.

if i can help in anyways, please let me know...dave is a good friend of mine.

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
This kit can't be run on 91 at 10,000 ft? Willing to part out, intrested in jugs, pistons, head and ECM. I have a built bottom end and don't need another.

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
This kit can't be run on 91 at 10,000 ft? Willing to part out, intrested in jugs, pistons, head and ECM. I have a built bottom end and don't need another.

The lower end is case ported and modified for the 975 so basically should go as a package. If you already have a lower unit, you could use this upper case and the rest of the 975 kit and then reassemble the rest of this lower end with your upper case and sell it as a 900 lower end. Everybody seems to want or need a stock 900 lower end.

As for the 91 octane at 10,000 ft....I can't answer that, we only ride from 3,000-6,000 ft around here. I've heard there is someone out there that is building lower compression heads for the 900.

Knowing how well this thing runs, it's hard to beat the lack of tuning required to make this thing go like hell.

not to hijack but some interest was here

975 for sale:

I have a complete 975 motor in my sled as well for sale. Loved the heck out of this motor for low end and mid torq, is unheard of.
Motor has 1800miles total and 200 on a rebuild as well. Everything is complete and it runs like non other. Carls did all the build, install, tuning right in boise and mccall. I would like to get $1700 for the motor, flashed ecm. This is out of a 2005 sled.

Pull and go and never had an issue. Most Reliable BB kits out there Carl's #1 when it comes to polaris and pull and go sleds with big horse power.

Shoot me PM's have 1 interest local so might not be listed long. thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features