• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'11 Assault performance with '09 155"x15"x2.4 Camoplast??

S
Apr 12, 2011
Hi all,

I have a chance to grab a new polaris take off camoplast 155x15x2.4 track from an '09 dragon at a great price.
I am wondering if anyone has used this track on their pro assault? I backcountry ride only and the competition track just isn't cutting it in the deep.

Is the '09 track the same track as the 5.1 series on the pro RMK?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt

erichart28

Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2009
I snowchecked an assault last year and got the comp track i hated it I switched to the 2.5 CE but I have a few buddys that have 2012 rmks and assaults with that Series 5.1 155"X 15"X 2.4 "its a good track. It was night and day defference from the competition track. I would buy it for sure.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
Hi all,

I have a chance to grab a new polaris take off camoplast 155x15x2.4 track from an '09 dragon at a great price.
I am wondering if anyone has used this track on their pro assault? I backcountry ride only and the competition track just isn't cutting it in the deep.

Is the '09 track the same track as the 5.1 series on the pro RMK?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Matt

How many paddles across is your track? The Polaris 5.1 has 4 paddles across. The Camoplast Challenger Extreme is 3 paddles across and is significantly better than the 5.1, but don't tell anybody. You also want a track that can bend, for powder and backcountry. Stiff and finger tracks are for trail and firm snow.

K
Oct 29, 2012
Vermilion, AB
I switched the comp track out for the series 5.1 and it was a night and day difference! Way better flotation and a way lighter track which made for a quicker throttle response (less rotating mass)

Premium Features