• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris are you kidding me!!!!!

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
ullose272

I havent seen any of these issues. Little wear on the track, nothing to write home about. 1 bad voltage regulator, thats it. Only on my second belt 1025 miles

that's what I said??? track wear from the inside that is not right and you and me are not the only ones! bad regulators I have hade one also but once again you and me are not the only ones?? you say you haven't seen any of these issues but then list them... am I missing something??? the issues I listed are very common and wide spread. will all have them I would say not. did you and I and many others...yes. would it be nice if Polaris addressed the problems as they came I would say yes. not asking for a new platform or engine every year just saying it would be nice to see them staying on top of the small issues that way the guy that got the 18 might feel he did not waist his cash by not getting the 17... or the 16 holdover if he could find one. to say theirs nothing to fix{improve on}is just nutty!! Polaris offers a pile of options and the best sled on the snow that's why I have one but will I give them a hi five for not fixing any of the week points or not offering any new options for the new sleds in 3 years lol no. but I will give them 2 hi fives for building the nicest sled iv ever road!!!! nothing but happy! happy! happy!

P
Nov 30, 2015
SE Idaho
Can I get an AMEN! I bet 1/2 - 3/4 of the snowmobiler population doesn't even know what an RXL, EXT, MXZ, or Mountain Max even is and never had the true expeirence to ride one of these that I listed and that makes you actually appreciate how sleds have evolved!

Exciter II? Nothing quite like a 600 121 in the hills as a kid. Scariest part was coming back down if you made it up. :)

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
The Axys did side hill better than an XM, but to say the Axys "smoked" a XM is ludicrous. I feel those sleds were very close to one another.

The days of the good Snowchecks are over. What real incentive is there to Snowcheck anymore? You can still pick a sled up in the fall, no Limited Edition sleds that when you saw one you new that was only available in the spring.

If you don't want financing, you can save 4-5 G's over an overpriced Snowcheck. Any the warranty these companies offer has so much fine print on it that nothing gets covered. You better run it bone stock.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Snowcheck is a thing of the past IMO. I've been burned several times buying too high with it only to see the same sled available later in the winter for $2000 less.

I wish Polaris would offer a standard model RMK 155 like they used to until the Axys came out.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Wow....unreal reading some of the responses.

While I don't share the exact opinions of the OP, my beef with PI is about cheap wiring, cheap electrical components along with safety issues with those floorboard hoops and ski rubbers, I will say the talk at work around the water cooler yesterday from the faithful Polaris Homers (that have all drank the Kool-Aid here) was exactly the same as the OP's. They were all upset.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Still on my pro and like it, but tried buddies Axys with Raptors and BOY was that thing smooth!!

Two weeks ago we rode 8 people; 5 Axys, my pro, a hardcore and a 850. All had a good time but 3 Axys riders tested the 850 and could ride it without much effort. And the power was good, even the guy with a 860 Axys was pleased with it..

Now Cat posted this.. https://www.facebook.com/542118569147814/videos/1822160777810247/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I think polaris have great sleds and could normally "take a year off", but the competition..

BTW, yeah, that video is just funny!

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
The Axys did side hill better than an XM, but to say the Axys "smoked" a XM is ludicrous. I feel those sleds were very close to one another.

The days of the good Snowchecks are over. What real incentive is there to Snowcheck anymore? You can still pick a sled up in the fall, no Limited Edition sleds that when you saw one you new that was only available in the spring.

If you don't want financing, you can save 4-5 G's over an overpriced Snowcheck. Any the warranty these companies offer has so much fine print on it that nothing gets covered. You better run it bone stock.

I disagree on the warranty. My dealer covers everything using my warranty.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Seriously did you just say that??? The OEM shouldn't break in the first place. The track shouldn't need to be clipped it's a crap track design. The stock 39 to 41 is too wide and should be 37 to 39 in the first place or at least 38 to 40. I've never seen anyone run wider than 39. Too many of these sleds fall on their face rpm wise after a few hundred miles and respond horribly to altitude and temperature changes. The electrical components suck. The motor is weak compared to the Doo and probably the new Cat.

Polaris is slipping back and not addressing any of these issues is disappointing to me. You guys believe what you like but I'm sick of turning 7800 rpm every time I get over 8500 ft elevation and the dealers can't find anything wrong so I spend hundreds chasing Polaris gremlins. And the grooves wearing into my track at 200 miles are not a figment of my imagination, and no my track is not loose I just ride it on edge a lot.

Say Polaris makes a sled that appeases 80% if they try to appease the other 20% it's a tug-a-war from another portion of the market. You can't make a sled to make everyone happy.
Basically what I'm saying is, if you don't like it, move on. Or change what you don't like with aftermarket parts. Anyone that's been riding since the 90's can attest to adding aftermarket parts to 99% of all their sleds.

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
No snow check choices ??? What are you guys looking at ???

There are Three Suspension Choices with 7 track Length choices , and Five Lug height choices

Two Frontend Width choices (38" um no but the Doo body is to wide to take advantage of theirs)

Lots of color combos

And $200 less

PIDD is $100 less

Plus Golden tickets

The models have gotten a little excessive though .. some are 600/550 only and some 800 only but I don't want anybody to not get exactly what they want .. cuz god knows we don't need quality wiring or tether ( tether at least on the RMK Assault)

The whole 850 thing isn't going anywhere till the RMSHA allows bigger Bores than 805.. When they open it up to 860 I'll bet Kitty 900 comes back and Polaris DI 860 .. Polaris Wins Races and they are not about to ruin a good thing , look at the IQR

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
No snow check choices ??? What are you guys looking at ???

There are Three Suspension Choices with 7 track Length choices , and Five Lug height choices

Two Frontend Width choices (38" um no but the Doo body is to wide to take advantage of theirs)

Lots of color combos

And $200 less

PIDD is $100 less

Plus Golden tickets

The models have gotten a little excessive though .. some are 600/550 only and some 800 only but I don't want anybody to not get exactly what they want .. cuz god knows we don't need quality wiring or tether ( tether at least on the RMK Assault)

The whole 850 thing isn't going anywhere till the RMSHA allows bigger Bores than 805.. When they open it up to 860 I'll bet Kitty 900 comes back and Polaris DI 860 .. Polaris Wins Races and they are not about to ruin a good thing , look at the IQR

Im going to swing at the next person that mentions going back to the old big bores and triples. Do you guys seriously think that is the answer?

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Seriously did you just say that??? The OEM shouldn't break in the first place.

Do we have one report of the A-Arms breaking while just riding?? Ahhh I think not, they have all hit something. Should they not break if hit something the right way? I just folded a set of Chromoly arms like nothing. All because I hit something the right way... Or the wrong way? What he is saying is once a Stock part breaks it is much cheaper to replace it with a stronger aftermarket piece. Take a second and figure out what someone is saying before attacking.

Same argument with every new Bulkhead, Except the last ride I had out on the new G4 the bulkhead did break cruising up the side of a hill. Pretty sure the track did hit something but there was no marks anywhere so hard to tell what happened.

Also both G4's we had blew a belt that day, I mean nuclear blow! One had 200 miles and the other had 500.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Im going to swing at the next person that mentions going back to the old big bores and triples. Do you guys seriously think that is the answer?

The big bore talk is better than the guys who seem to think we are gonna see a factory 2 stroke turbo here in the next couple years. Just not realistic.

After riding an 850 I am sold on the fact that a larger NA motor is the answer... if they can be made reliable of course, which maybe is alot to ask for from Poo, but things have come a long way since 05 and 06.

Premium Features