• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low Idle

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
thinking some are just loaded up.id break mine in like a race car and den see how it idles..LOL

M
Dec 7, 2007
Still experiencing the TPS/low idle issue on my sled after dealer already adjusted TPS. Was told to "run some gas through it" to see if that helps... Yes, the sled did seem to be swimming in oil and very loaded for the first 10-20 miles, but now have just over 100 miles on it, two tanks of gas through it, and it still will not hold an idle any better than the day I bought it, especially from a cold start. Sled chugs and dies out as soon as it hits about 75 degrees every time I start it. Stya on the throttle just to warm it up and try 5 times to get it into reverse before riding. And it will only hold 1400 rpm idle after fully warmed up. So it's going back to the dealer later this week for more fiddling with the TPS... Can't understand why some guys are having such success after dealer adjusts TPS the first time and others are not.. sure hope they get it right this time. Wish I had the tools and time to do it myself. Winter is passing by each day, another big storm coming this weekend, and my new axys still does not idle and will be stuck at the dealer anyway :face-icon-small-fro

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Still experiencing the TPS/low idle issue on my sled after dealer already adjusted TPS. Was told to "run some gas through it" to see if that helps... Yes, the sled did seem to be swimming in oil and very loaded for the first 10-20 miles, but now have just over 100 miles on it, two tanks of gas through it, and it still will not hold an idle any better than the day I bought it, especially from a cold start. Sled chugs and dies out as soon as it hits about 75 degrees every time I start it. Stya on the throttle just to warm it up and try 5 times to get it into reverse before riding. And it will only hold 1400 rpm idle after fully warmed up. So it's going back to the dealer later this week for more fiddling with the TPS... Can't understand why some guys are having such success after dealer adjusts TPS the first time and others are not.. sure hope they get it right this time. Wish I had the tools and time to do it myself. Winter is passing by each day, another big storm coming this weekend, and my new axys still does not idle and will be stuck at the dealer anyway :face-icon-small-fro

Im almost willing to bet that they didn't do it right. Did they adjust the base idle voltage or just stick DW on the sled and adjust the idle that way?

iquizy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
NWMN

I know it has to be frustrating but every post you make comes off so whiney. If you want to ride this weekend than ride a sled that idles like crap, I'm sure it has been done before...

Hitman450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2010
Belle Fourche, S.D
My sled hasn't idled very well since I brought it home. Finally decided to just give it a whirl myself. Started with .712 .932 finished with .700 and .940 didn't take much time. Allot easier hence I have the sidekick boondocker on. Allot more room in there with the air box gone. Appreciate this post with all the instructions and how to ?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
so i am having similar issues as well. The sled still out pulls Pro's even with the poor running, and my issues seems to be effecting top end rpm's as well. Everything looks perfect on the digital wrench, but still is dying and not running well. There is only one answer. Fix it myself. Even the best dealers are skeptical of fixing things that are not obvious or on service bulletins.

If you have the skills, repair it yourself. I'll be doing mine this week, and am hopeful it will fix my issues.

M
Dec 7, 2007
At last, my tps issue seems to be fixed!:face-icon-small-hap Just got it back from the dealer again as this time was told they set my base setting at .71 and and then set tps to .938 from .923. Think they were using digital wrench last time. Sled idles now and runs great! Thanks for the help in these posts!

S
Feb 11, 2022
Bozeman
Mine is pretty low too. At home in Wisconsin at 900 feet it idled great between 1700-1800. On my way back from the snowy mountain range between 9000-11000 feet it did not like to idle. There were times after pulling the rope it wasn't idling high enough to turn the gauge/lights on right away. It idled 1400-1550 consistently. I changed plugs on day 2 without any change.
Having a similar issue did you ever find the solution to this?

Premium Features