• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Front End Upgrade, Polaris or Fastrax?

S

searafter35

Nov 27, 2007
Beavercreek, OR
Anybody have any comments on the difference between the polaris kit
PN (2876986) for $499.00 and the kit that fastrax is offering for $699. i would like to upgrade my 08 D7.

W
May 27, 2009
Maple Valley, WA
I believe curt at Fastrax is replacing the polaris factory bumper with a heavier duty bumper with skidplate manufactured by cobe. That is why it is a bit more that what Polaris is offering in their kit. It is a packaged deal they are offering and quite frankly i think the cobe bumper/skidplate setup is stronger than the smaller polaris bumper.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
With the Fastrax you get the Cobe bumper and it is seriously bad a** almost as good as a chainsaw for mowing down trees...

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Fastrax will sell just the plastic also, that is where I got mine from. Curt is awesome to deal with.:beer;

M
Dec 21, 2007
Bend, Oregon
I bought the kit from Fastrax last year to convert my 08 RMK to the 09 frontend. I was not that impressed with the fit of the bumper. I had problems getting it to fit corrrectly and it still doesn't fit right, I'm just living with it. You also have to buy the hardware seperate. I got most of mine hardware from the polaris dealer.
I would recommend buying the 09 kit from polaris and maybe adding a aftermarket bumper later. Thats what i would do next time and add the Skinz bumper.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Last night I installed the Cobe bumper from Fastrax. The bumper is the best quality I have seen and a very simple to install. The bumper fits perfectly (when installed correctly) and looks awesome. I also installed Fastrax new Carbon Fiber skid plate that attaches to the front of the bumper and extends to the rear of the bulk head. If I were you, I would not second guess the quality of this product for one moment.

Good luck with your purchase, I think you will really like the 09 plastic.:D

Your sled looks GREAT. I really like it. So did you have to buy the 09 plastic and the cobe bumper?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Last night I installed the Cobe bumper from Fastrax. The bumper is the best quality I have seen and a very simple to install. The bumper fits perfectly (when installed correctly) and looks awesome. I also installed Fastrax new Carbon Fiber skid plate that attaches to the front of the bumper and extends to the rear of the bulk head. If I were you, I would not second guess the quality of this product for one moment.

Good luck with your purchase, I think you will really like the 09 plastic.:D

That looks awesome with the Holz front end!

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
Do the 09' plastics really make a noticeable handling improvement over the 08' plastics?

What about 09' plastics vs 08' plastics w/skinz bumper and float plate?

Sorry about the double post. Too many internet windows open :confused:

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Absolutely from Fastrax...Curt is one of the BEST guys i have ever dealt with and treats everyone as if they were his best customer!!!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Vinee.... that is DANK!!!!!!!!!

Our sleds will almost be twins, except mine is all black. I just started messing with the install of mine. I am going to have to contact Curt about the skid plate... that is TOOOIGGHHHT!!!!!!!

Someone made a comment about the hardware. FTX does have a hardware kit available too!!!

My only complaint with FTX is.... they need to give us a little better heads up with what is on the horizon. I had no idea of the skid plate. They have so many exceptional products, it would be nice to see what is coming up.

Last edited:
N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Great thing you told me that because I just started a thread in the 900 forum about how to clean up my handle bars. I was going to go with the newer 09 setup where the switches are on the console but if this is coming out soon than im going to be all over that! Any info on about when these are going to be released? Prototype pic?!?! lol

Thanks,
-Nolan

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Vinnee.....

I completely agree with you on the R&D... They make sure the stuff is top notch before they put it out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Outlaw! How the heck are ya? Long time no talk!

We are good here, if it would ever quit raining. I think it has rained 20 out of 23 days in October. The rain has givin me time to start on some sled projects though. Wifes sled is getting a partial make over, and mine is getting another make over. Mine is turning into the Fastrax poster child.... :D

When I say complaint it was kind of a joke.... Curt and Justin bend over backwards to help a person out!!!!

Last edited:

FTXMOTORSPORTS

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
WESTERN WASHINGTON
www.ftxmotorsports.com
VINNEE, you're the man...couldn't have worded it better-thanks! never thought I'd like a red sled again but that really does look sick!

John really did a great job designing these-I attatched pics of a different color bumper for better contrast of the mounting.(sorry for the blurry one!) Note that the lower mounts are replaceable and designed as breakaway points if you really hit something hard to protect the bulkhead from damage.

curt

CURTS TURBO DRAGON 004.jpg CURTS TURBO DRAGON 006.jpg CURTS TURBO DRAGON 008.jpg

L
Aug 29, 2008
CT
After takeing my sled apart, I need a middle belly pan and a right side belly pan. If I can sell my good left pan for a $100 it is going to cost me an extra $70 more to convert to the 09+ frount end. Is it woth the extra money and work to have an 09+ front? Thanks for all the pics of your sleds, they realy look nice compaired to mine right now.

e4a06e9a0363__1256324536000.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features