• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone wearing TOBE BIBS?

B
Jan 5, 2016
Kelowna BC
I have been looking at the Tobe Contego bibs, wondering if and ones got them? likes/dislikes?
I tried on the klim havoc but didnt like the short bib.
other recommendations?

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
I ride in Togwotee bibs, so far dry *** no burnt leg yet. So guess they work with pipe guard.

Rbott

Lifetime Membership
Sep 11, 2012
Vermont
I have the Contego bib. Ridden with them a few times. Bombproof material. On the fence about the shorter bib.....think I like the Klim Togwotee better but going to give the Contego a few more rides before I give up on them.

For off trail I will always go with the Monosuit.....more comfortable and I stay cooler when I start working hard or digging out stuck people!

Ryan

culater

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2006
I have been looking at the Tobe Contego bibs, wondering if and ones got them? likes/dislikes?
I tried on the klim havoc but didnt like the short bib.
other recommendations?

I have a medium black Contego bib and parka that has only been worn once and is like new! I would give somebody a good deal on them.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I have the Contego bib. Ridden with them a few times. Bombproof material. On the fence about the shorter bib.....think I like the Klim Togwotee better but going to give the Contego a few more rides before I give up on them.

For off trail I will always go with the Monosuit.....more comfortable and I stay cooler when I start working hard or digging out stuck people!

Ryan
The contego must be made of WAY different material than the mono suits from two years ago because I sure would not call them bombproof. (Or burnproof, ripproof, or even really waterproof).
Like I said in the other thread--good enough for sledding, bad for Snowbiking.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
I have the Contego bibs. I rode 2,500 mountain miles (sled, not bike) in them last year and they're going on season two now. They are WAY more durable than my Klim Stealth bibs were. I was always dry even on the nastiest days. The butt insulation is great, my rear was always cold at the end of the day in the Stealth bibs. My biggest complaint is that the material they used for the knee pads provides little protection. I ended up laminating some old D3O mountain bike knee pads onto some other foam and making my own inserts.

I did, however, buy a pair of Klim Havoc bibs for bike days. I think it's a better pant for bikes.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
why do you guys not like them for biking?
I burned them right away on my pipe. My bad for not wrapping it I guess. My rear and lower half was soaked on a lot of days. I pierced a hole in the sleeve on a tree.
It sounds like the new ones are more durable however.
Four days so far on my Klim Havoc and they are nice!

Premium Features