• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

top end bog

L
Feb 9, 2011
Michigan
I have 06' 900 Fusion 145" track, slp heads, slp exhaust a few other mods...sled has great hole shot and after 50 to 60mph it bogs, no top end. Can't keep throttle past 1/3 to 1/2 position. Plugs suggest running VERY rich, not sure where to start, would love some help w/ this....thanks

S
Oct 3, 2008
Quebec, Canada
try disconnecting VES hoses (each VES port has a hose that goes to a T and connects to the solenoid; disconnect from the port) and use a piece of gasline to connect the VES ports together...this should tell you right away if it is a solenoid problem...if you find that it is, you could replace the solenoid, leave the VES connected together or simply cap off each VES independantly.

Also could check your bellows; you might have a hole in one or both.

L
Feb 9, 2011
Michigan
900 fusion top end bog

Thank you for the suggestions....bellows looked ok...sounds like solenoid issue. Can i bypass and run w/o solenoid working and not worry of same failure, is that recommended?

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Thank you for the suggestions....bellows looked ok...sounds like solenoid issue. Can i bypass and run w/o solenoid working and not worry of same failure, is that recommended?

yes.

cap the VES plugs individually, leave the solenoid as it is (plugged in the wiring harness) and remove the rubber lines off it and trash them. and leave them like this from now on...;)

you can have a VERY small hole in the bellows and still cause this issue, but since this is the easiest thing to check, do that and report back..

theres lots of things that can cause your problem.

S

stickshift69

Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Gonna give this thread a bump, I am having the same issues. My bellows are good and the valves are capped off. I did notice that my valves are quite loose in the bases that bolt to the cylinder tho. It runs fine when I shut it down for 10 mins or so but after it warms up I have a bad high rpm bog. the most I can go at wot in the powder is a quarter mile. When im on the trail and am hard on the throttle it will do the same. The weird thing is when the bog happens I take it easy on it for a short while then it will be fine again... till I rag on it.... Need help with this, tried to describe the best that I can. 2005 RMK 151, TM3, 17 hours on the engine.
Thanks

Premium Features