• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bikeman Y pipes?

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
So im looking at getting a y pipe for my 13 m8. I was told that if I go with a bikeman y pipe I will see anywhere from a 3-5 hp gain without having to get a fuel programmer. is there any truth behind that? I got the powder lite can on it now, I know it probably doesn't add any hp but I like the weight loss but id love to get a little more hp out of the sled and its fairly cheap to get the y pipe. But I don't want to end up having to buy the fuel programmer? so can it be done with out one and still run good at both 2000' and 6000'+?

Matt

Last edited:

Shwinecat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Milbank, SD
Y-pipe

Where did you get the information on this y-pipe. Interested if i do not have to add a controller. Does dyno result prove the gain without the use of a controller.

R
You betcha!!!!!!!!!! I joined Dynoresearch and the dyno is on there.
Yes, that is without a controller of any kind!! I was very sceptible because the factory Y pipe looks pretty good.

I'm big into Dynos. If no dyno proof, its BS. If a company says it, ask them to prove it!!

Last edited:
T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
awesome! thanks for the info! I definitely will be ordering mine soon! just curious readymedic, was the fitment and install good?

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
thanks for the offer mmsports but I work at a dealer myself and can get parts for my toys at a little bit of a better price than the average customer :face-icon-small-hap but if our warehouses are out of stock I will get ahold of you! thanks!

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I have one on my 12 m8 with there can and dont have a fuel controller. We have been out to togwotee, west yellowstone, big horns and rabbit ears with it and it did great. I would say get it for sure.

B

BC_kid

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 17, 2007
I have 4800kms on bikemans y-pipe and powderlite can with the stock pipe and v-force 3 reeds with no programmer and live in BC. That 4800 Km is riding revy and golden 4000-9000 ft since new in 2012!!

85% of that is tree riding and love the crisp throttle response

skibumsd

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2008
I live in western SD and we ride the black hills quite a bit but we make a few trips to the mountains. i cant remember now but one of them was fine stock and one I changed some weights.

Premium Features