• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bolt on Kits

D
Sep 2, 2013
WY
So I've done some searches and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 14 M8000. Only mods are Evo can and CPC clutching (torsional conversion kit, adjustable cam arms, and float). I'm thinking about going with a y-pipe, pipe, controller, and reeds set up. I've narrowed it down to the Bikeman bolt on performer stage 1 kit, the Speedwerx stage 2 exterminator kit, and Cutler's setup (minus the clutching on Bikeman and Speedwerx). I mainly ride 8-10k'.

Questions:
-Will these pipe/controller setups work with my current can?
-Will I need to make changes with my clutch setup to compensate for these kits?
-Will I need to add vents to compensate for heat issues?

I've always run pretty much pretty much stock cuz I don't like having to tinker and tune every ride. I want something as maintenance free as possible. Are these kits pretty reliable or should I just stick with my current setup? Any other thoughts are appreciated as well!

Here are the links to the Bikeman and Speedwerx kits:
http://bikemanperformance.com/snowm...cat-procross-800ho-bolt-on-performer-kit.html

http://www.speedwerxstore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3254

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
Questions:
-Will these pipe/controller setups work with my current can?
Most aftermarket exhaust systems, are just that.. a "system" and should not be mixed and matched. While it is often done, results are usually less than desirable. Any fuel map provided by a MFG is for their system, any deviation from their "system" may require changes to the fuel map.
-Will I need to make changes with my clutch setup to compensate for these kits?
Any time a performance change is made, clutching changes are usually required to take advantage of the performance increase.

-Will I need to add vents to compensate for heat issues?
Additional venting is a benefit even in stock form. Aftermarket exhaust almost never comes with the insulation that an OEM system does. Coating or wrapping the pipe/can is sometime required just to prevent melting and other damage. Reflective tape usually wont cut it in most cases.

Premium Features