• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws, CPC, or Rumble Pac? Which is the loudest?

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
I Agree 100%

Turbolg4 you are right about loud pipes, these men who think it is cool to make alot of noise are nuts, I am 57 years old and have lost 75 % of my hearing due to my job and snowobiling, it is not fun being not able to here conversations and always say pardon me or would you please speakup or what did you say, with what I have left with my hearing I where earplugs, snowmobiling, mowing, my yard, vacuming my floors, anything with alot of noise I try to protect what hearing I have left, my 2 cents worth MADDOGWFO:face-icon-small-con

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
What kind of helmets do you guys wear? I have a loud sled but thats only because its how I bought it and I dont really want to spend money on making it quieter. I not pro loud or a pro quiet sledding, it really doesnt bother me.

But when I put on my helmet (Fly Racing) I cannot hear a damn thing. Unless you are sledding with a BMX helmet or a lightweight helmet (or none at all) I cant see how sledding could damage your ears.

Not trying to be a smart arse or anything, just curious really, am I the only one that wears a full on motorcross helmet out there?

Nov 29, 2009
Butte, MT
Thanks for all the input guys! Jaws front dump it is! And ya i agree, unless you are wearing a bicycle helmet what harm are you really doing to your ears? My gmc, ktm sx150, stereo, and soon to be 1m are all ignorant loud and thats how we make a statement in Montana. They continue to close down riding areas here due to hikers thinking they need more area, so all ya do is continue to cross fences and and ride twice as hard and evade the authorities! Thats what is going to happen with sleds too, and its not because of noise, unless ya like to ride in town, its because people dont understand or respect our lifestyles so why should we back down to theirs
?

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Some folks just will never get it though.

Again... this statements fits.

Btw, if you can't hear a loud pipe through your helmet, it's a POS. I want to hear my buddy yelling avalanche, or my wife's sled hitting a tree behind me, or the hundreds of other things that an AWARE ride would need to hear. With an obnoxious sled, or a helmet that doesn't allow you to hear, you're missing out on what's happening around you.

And as to the comments above... some people are missing out more than others.

Don't worry though, guys like me will continue to keep fighting for what you're F'ing up for the rest of us.:face-icon-small-dis

Nov 29, 2009
Butte, MT
Bro, it was a simple question aite, if i wanted 2 get a lecture on ethics id go 2 hunters safety or drivers ed. The people I ride with know better and my 600 dollar shoei is a far cry from a pos dog. I always ride last in the pack 2 make sure the guys who gotta bring their damn wife and kids get em back home safe, guess i must not b 2 ignorant! Thanks again to all those with HELPFUL responses that posted! To the rest, thanks for your concern but no thanks.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I have seen a few cutler cans turned into front dump with minimal fab work. Pretty much just weld a 90 in it and your done. They work and sound GREAT ! and a damn sight cheaper then the jaws.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Again... this statements fits.

Btw, if you can't hear a loud pipe through your helmet, it's a POS. I want to hear my buddy yelling avalanche, or my wife's sled hitting a tree behind me, or the hundreds of other things that an AWARE ride would need to hear. With an obnoxious sled, or a helmet that doesn't allow you to hear, you're missing out on what's happening around you.

And as to the comments above... some people are missing out more than others.

Don't worry though, guys like me will continue to keep fighting for what you're F'ing up for the rest of us.:face-icon-small-dis

A simple "yes I can hear my pipe through my helmet" would suffice.

F
Mar 22, 2010
pocatello
rumble pack

i ran a rumble pack on my rt1000. i love it! it has the two tone sound, so when cruising under 5k rpm it is pretty quite, but after that, it wakes up and people know you are coming! And i dont want to sound like one of those guys that all they care about is how loud they are, i kind of see it as a safety issue. because i know that i have had to rely on the noise to be able to find riders before, and if they are a bit louder than stock, great i say.

C
Dec 26, 2008
If you like loud you will love the jaws front dump. I like loud and have one on my 1m 900 and the front dump cured the powder bog 100%. Best thing I ever did to my sled. I like all my toys loud, snowmobile and Harley....Maybe as i age that will change

Premium Features