• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 Edge touring

D
Feb 18, 2009
Hi, new member here
I told a friend i would help change his spring in the rear suspension, I believe you just have to drop the suspension down under the tunnel, just wondering if there is any tricks or special tools. I do mechanic work so you can see why he asked..

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
torsion springs or coil over springs? Coilover springs you just undo the top bolt on the shock, might have to lift the rear to get some weight off the shock. Once the top bolt is take out just lean the shock forward and remove the spring cap, and the spring will slide right off. Replace with the new one and re install. Torsion springs are a little bit trickier. I used a piece of square stock with a slot cut in it, and a T handle welded to the other end to twist the torsion spring to take the load off of it while a buddy installs it.
Good luck,
Nolan

D
Feb 18, 2009
It's not the coil springs on the shocks its the torsion springs I guess you would call them, The whole suspension has to come out, you have to slide these off the shaft...

Premium Features