• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowy Range Riding Conditions

S
Feb 17, 2008
Chicago Illinois
I will be in town next weekend visiting family. I'm looking to see how the snow conditions are for riding. Is the still alot of deep snow out there where riding would be worth it?

Thanks in advance for the update.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Depends upon what kind of riding you like. Plenty of snow for sure. Usually can find deep soft snow in the trees even when trails and easily accessed meadows are tracked and packed. Lots of people dont like riding thru trees and I get that because it is more difficult and more energy consuming And can result in a ton more work if you have to unexpectedly turn around because trees get too tight or terrain gets too steep.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Looks like the area is supposed to get snow this weekend so there should be fresh stuff on top of a good base and off trail should be really good.

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
6h ·

When the National Weather Service issues a weather alert forecast, also known as a "situation report" to us via email, it rarely comes with the heading "Very Impactful Snowstorm this Weekend." It did today.
The NWS Cheyenne has issued a winter storm watch beginning Friday and running through Monday. Chances are very high this will be a "historic" snowstorm with the highest accumulation potential Saturday. Snow is expected to begin around 11 a.m., Friday.
Significant snow ac…
See More

29 Shares

Comment

Here is the storm that is coming. Make plans NOW for next weekend. Should be DEEEP.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
The results of this storm will directly alter my confidence in the NWS/NOAA forecasts. Here is what it said a few minutes ago. F2F0AAE5-85EE-428F-A807-460F0910E875.png

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
These upslope storms are usually disappointing for the west side - albany and centennial will probably get more snow than the top of the mountain.

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Nice vid! I can't wait to see if any of my footage came out. In the white room a whole lot the past few days. We found a massive dust layer that was transported all the way from Mexico. That was a crazy storm.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Nice vid! I can't wait to see if any of my footage came out. In the white room a whole lot the past few days. We found a massive dust layer that was transported all the way from Mexico. That was a crazy storm.

As usual, the two cool lines I actually pulled last weekend I didn't get on the camera lol ... Apparently the voice activation doesn't work very well when your sled is already pinned hahah :)

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
Other than Laramie, is there something else to plug into The Weather Channel for forecast?
Possibility for Easter weekend.
Laramie looks awfully warm, but I'm guessing the temps would be more better up above.

???

Premium Features