• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

corona virus

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
This is completely out of control , companies are trying to do the right thing , employees now have a reason for staying home collecting a check , not paying rent , those that are working from home are over loading those at work with their work , oil tanked before the virus from other countries intentionally over pumping , mayors and governors are at a gridlock for political gain so it doesn't matter if the states have their own say . It's becoming endless , there aught to be a publication coming out shortly from For Dummies . How this country is going to recover is up to those that have gotten us to this point .

What a mess
Agreed, the divisiveness of the Trump era has definitely come home to roost

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I no longer give the existing presidential seat the credit until after their term . It's the previous ones that have made the laws that are being enforced and unraveling today .

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
And the left wing of snowest speaks. Grow a set and use some common sense. Problem is you can't teach it. You either have it or you don't. My health is fine and your no shirt or shoes comparison is lame. Sick quarantine not healthy. Keep staying at home smoking your weed.

Yo dude! Follow the guidelines. Simple as that. Get yourself a cool looking mask. Doesn't even need to be N95. You don't know what you have because I can guarantee you haven't been tested.

"The CDC recommends that members of the public use simple cloth face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. For more information, see the CDC’s Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings, Especially in Areas of Significant Community-Based Transmission. "

Also

"The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance. "

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yo dude! Follow the guidelines. Simple as that. Get yourself a cool looking mask. Doesn't even need to be N95. You don't know what you have because I can guarantee you haven't been tested.

"The CDC recommends that members of the public use simple cloth face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. For more information, see the CDC’s Recommendation Regarding the Use of Cloth Face Coverings, Especially in Areas of Significant Community-Based Transmission. "

Also

"The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance. "
I agree with you.
As much as i disagree with being 'forced' into wearing a face covering.
Using face coverings will slow the spread of all kinds of virus and bacteria.
Even the healthiest of people can still be carriers and spread. Imagine what this could do to reduce influenza deaths....

We just gotta find a cool expressive mask and be like or brothers and sisters in Japan, China and the rest of the world.

It doesn't hurt anyone to properly wear a clean facemask, it could hurt someone if u don't.

Sent it

Last edited:

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
The mask thing is a FN joke. Its probably going to help spread the virus more than it helps. Have you sat back and people watched? You can tell the people that are not used to wearing masks about 90%. They're always adjusting them taking them off to talk or talk on the phone then put them back on adjust them a couple more times then go about shopping and touching things. I also watched a few pull their masks down to cough then put them back up. Tell me how this is going to help?

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Seen it also. The "mask" isn't a joke. The people who don't wear them correctly are. Wear yours correctly and they will figure it out. Not all people are smart or disciplined. The construction folks who don't wear steel toed shoes learn eventually. The boondocking folks who don't tether their sled learn eventually.

You wear yours correctly and you are less likely to get sick. They don't and they will more likely get sick or get others sick. Protect yourself. Lead by example.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
The mask thing is a FN joke. Its probably going to help spread the virus more than it helps. Have you sat back and people watched? You can tell the people that are not used to wearing masks about 90%. They're always adjusting them taking them off to talk or talk on the phone then put them back on adjust them a couple more times then go about shopping and touching things. I also watched a few pull their masks down to cough then put them back up. Tell me how this is going to help?
I also agree with u.
Some people will make the situation worse with the horrible, improper use of the face cover and gloves.

Smart use of the face cover and proper hand washing will help reduce spreading germs.

Should wash the face cover daily.

Wearing face covers makes a lot of people feel safer, That alone could help people to make the choice to wear one. Peer pressure will make some people feel obligated to wear one.

Sent it

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Simple science isn't the same as science. About the same as science behind climate change. Sick people with masks can stop the spread to a healthy person if they cough in mask. If not it can be absorbed through your eyes. Then when people touch mask and everything in store, it can live on plastic for 3 days. Herd immunity and go on with your life.
Been in construction all my life and i don't wear steel toe boots. Don't have a problem. Don't need people telling me what i need to wear. I am responsible for myself. Not looking for handouts and people to sue or someone to blame. Liberals love big government and a million laws telling them what to do. Take the test. You wear a mask so everyone has to wear a mask. You can't just do your own thing and be good with that. You want someone to blame for your problems. Montana has 453 cases confirmed but they don't subtract the ones that have healed up. They have to keep reporting the larger number to keep scaring everyone which doesn't matter. We actually only have a hundred and some currently with it. No cases in my county. Wow. Not going to crawl under a rock for that. Not going to live my life in fear like you. Do what you want in your state and leave us out of your equation.
I stand by my stupidity clause on Costco. If there was any science behind it it would be today or a month ago. Not may 4th. If it's ok to go to the store, it is none of your business what i buy. If i want paint, I'll buy paint.

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I'll wholeheartedly agree with the xxxx China on this, after that I'm wondering what "science" to believe.

"Flatten the curve they said" initially to not overwhelm the hospitals, and now the curve is a flattened because the deaths are a single digit percentage of what was widely proclaimed and hospitals across the country are laying off staff because there is a LACK of patients. The overall death rate from ALL causes has gone DOWN by 40,000 in the same time period compared to last year. The first pandemic to have saved lives... Flat out liars if ya ask me.

Now should I believe the widely touted herd immunity logic from one side of "science" or shelter in place "science" until we have a vaccine "science"? Should I just STOP my life until the MSM or the savior government or the NWO tells me how to safely exist?

And the masks..... I know they bring comfort to the people who have been indoctrinated by fear mongering, but then other research / "science" says that coronavirus particles range in size from .06 microns to .14 microns and even the high performance N95 masks only filter down to .30 microns so even with the N95 used properly, your lungs would be exposed. Why would "science" even suggest to wear a N5 made out of your favorite Chuck Norris / Spongebob material?

Cognitive dissonance sets in and I want to get back to what I know has worked in the past and while I'm still open minded, I think this has all been a sham, but still Fxxx China!

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Screen-Shot-2020-04-26-at-8.32.00-PM.png

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
@turboless terry & leisureexpress.
You are BOTH spot on!

Sometimes these facts are too much for the "simple" (pun intended) mind to grasp :)
The people that think face covers will protect them from the coronavirus need the government to tell them what to do.

The people that understand the science and the facts can extrapolate for theirselves.

I think it's something the government must do to save face.
They can say, the reason we beat this pandemic is because we all did so great with social distancing and face covers.

If they let everything go back to normal and everything is great, then the pandemic will prove to be an exaggeration and overreach of government.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Copied.

For those of you that think a cloth is going to save you please think about this. We all wear masks (pants and Underwear) on our butts everyday, but if I fart you WILL smell it even thru 2 layers. So that means my particles are getting into your nose and mouth. What makes you think putting a thin cloth face covering is going to stop small viruses and other germs from getting thru that? Unless you are wearing the medical N95 respirator it’s not doing any good. If I fart and you can smell it thru my pants, underwear, & your face covering it’s not doing any good.

Share of you agree.

If you want to wear a mask for your comfort do it. But to mandate that everyone has to wear one to go into stores is ridiculous.

This analogy came because of the pee meme going around.
Viruses are not like pee. They are more like farts.

Sent it

leisureexpress

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 27, 2008
I think of the pee analogy, then I think of farticles (fart particles/bacteria/viruses), now I'm supposed to install a swing set on my face so if they don't make it into my system in the first couple seconds (instead of just dropping away) they can play on my humid mask all day long until my huffing and puffing dislodge them and bring them in.

Makes perfect sense!

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
When this virus started getting traction the government and doctors were telling people to wash with a hand cleaner not hand sanitizer . Now why was that ? It sure wasn't because they were ignorant to hand sanitizer . Now everyone is on the hand sanitizer list , let's just weaken the immune system for round two .

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Whistleblowers silenced by China could have stopped global coronavirus spread | 60 Minutes Australia

At 7:35 is why we are struggling with this virus . . . just so we all know where this started. China let 5 million people travel from the epicenter of the virus, to the rest of the world, without being screened for COVID-19, before they decided to impose a lock down.

Typically . . . a lady in the 60 minutes video, attempts to put blame on Trump, but talks out of the other side of her mouth, and speaks the truth at the end. It is the fault of China, not our president.

Don't let China propaganda get you to take your eye off of the ball.

1588610817787.png

Last edited:
Premium Features