• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha rail brace review

MikeM1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
just bought a Dealer Demo Alpha 165 and bought the TKI rail brace for it. any negatives from people who have run the rail brace is it a fix or ???

E
Oct 28, 2013
I have heard warranty is void for the rail if any brace is installed. I would run without the brace until warranty is expired (that is if you have) and just make sure shocks have enough air

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I have heard warranty is void for the rail if any brace is installed. I would run without the brace until warranty is expired (that is if you have) and just make sure shocks have enough air

Have you actually heard of anyone getting rail warranty? I haven't. The bigger debate is the brace is over $200 and a rail is $400 so is it worth half the cost to brace it when most people are not having issues?

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Have you actually heard of anyone getting rail warranty? I haven't. The bigger debate is the brace is over $200 and a rail is $400 so is it worth half the cost to brace it when most people are not having issues?
I’ve gotten one rail replaced under warranty

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
Was it real early last year? I know a couple guys that that broke one and none of them did. Usually Cat says it is either the result of a loose/broken 6mm bolt or low shock pressures from what I have heard.
No, it was towards the end of the season.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I've heard both ways on rail warranty. Some have had success and some haven't. Ask your dealer point blank: if this rail cracks through the screw holes, will you warranty it? If the answer is yes, then don't run it. If the answer is no, then install it as you have nothing to lose. Other things to factor in:
-Will you be mad if you lose a weekend or two of riding due to a cracked rail and you're sled's in the shop?
-Have you bent/cracked rails on your past sleds?
-If it cracks without the brace and no warranty you can use the braces to repair it. TKI has the dimensions to put the rail back together if it snaps.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT

Same, we had shop one warrantied. 3 hours in and hour. And it cracked in front so brace wouldn't have done anything but leave us out ordering parts and doing work ourselves.

Premium Features