• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Ski-Doo Rev Gen4 850...(Rumors and Spy Photos)

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Wish list<div>1. Rear skid that gets up on snow and doesn't trench in the steep and deep</div><div>2.'non tmotion mtn sled</div><div>3. Narrow and lighter</div><div>Still the funnest powder sled on the market in my opinion just needs to catch up on the technical riding side. </div>

but thats going to ruin 'that ski-doo feeling'

P
Oct 24, 2012
Hope they fix shot for next seasons buyers. Under 10 rides on my 19 x 175”, second to last ride it was ‘slow’ to engage finally kicking in on the second hold down and last ride did not work at all. An amazing sled in general much refined from my 17. Shot is a great feature but quite a let down when it stops working and becomes a trip back to the dealer. Removable snow flap is a great feature too but would be nice as a factory order option.

For me ‘that ski doo feeling’ means as the price of the sled goes up so should the performance and integrity of the product. So far performance improvements are good and the integrity of the product so so, this has been the case for every ski doo I’ve had. When sub par components show up on the sled ski doo should get out in front of it to keep loyal customers stoked instead of thinking another trip to the dealer for something I didn’t do but paid for.

As they roll out the 2020’s hopefully build quality is there with whatever new features. First world problems overall but I pay to play.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
There is new trademark name for shot. It is now called "sometimes shot."
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes new shot sleds are delivered with a shot, sometimes not. If there is a big mess up at the factory, like right now, no shot.
Skidoo and girls are similar, sometimes you have a shot, sometimes you have no shot. It's all a big gamble nowadays.
Even the pull start will now use the moniker "maybe, maybe not." But after 100miles, more maybe than maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
D
Nov 26, 2007
Tieton,Wash
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes new shot sleds are delivered with a shot, sometimes not. If there is a big mess up at the factory, like right now, no shot.
Even the pull start will now use the moniker "maybe, maybe not." But after 100miles, more maybe than maybe not.

EEK that doesn't sound for a new 19 Doo owner . Shot not installed yet and have close to 100 miles on sled

P
Oct 24, 2012
My friend on his first day out this December 2019 x 165 stopped half way up the hill to a riding zone to take a leak, tries shot didn’t work (ever), pulled the cord and nothing there too. Brand new sled, first ride and it’s a clutch start situation.

My 2019 x 175 recoil was swapped out by the dealer before I picked it up and when I asked about the shot after hearing my friends experience they said see how it goes. It lasted 6 outings.

Stoked if your 19 shot is working hopefully it lasts. Guys I ride with on 2018 175’s shot seems to be working well for them.

My sled rips no doubt, no intent here to bash a product but I typically reflect on how things have been on the cost of ownership front and how ski doo has responded to issues before becoming dazzled by the new model which inevitably happens. Looking forward to a working shot again hopefully they have good replacement parts in stock.

#keepshotgreat2020 :)

H
Feb 17, 2019
The big day is here..

Excited to see what comes out today. Hope some of the rumors are true for engine options. Looking to snow check a Freeride, just hope the color is close to what I've see on the posts. I hope Skidoo uses projector headlights with LED and gets rid of halogen bulbs, this is for 2020 after all.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Skidoo and girls are similar, sometimes you have a shot, sometimes you have no shot. It's all a big gamble nowadays.

Kanedog you know you want a Gen4!
Then you can change your name to KaneDoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Kanedog you know you want a Gen4!
Then you can change your name to KaneDoo!

I would ride a Doo in a new/non g4 chassis believe it or not. But it sounds like Cat is kicking butt in the warranty dept. and it's like a court case dealing with Doo warranty. So i might to have to ride cat.

Last edited:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I would ride one in a new chassis believe it or not. But it sounds like Cat is kicking butt in the warranty dept. and it's like a court case dealing with Doo warranty. So i might to have to ride cat.

...???...

Ace

I had 2 wires break inside the main harness on my 18. Its a snow checked sled and Doo considers wires wear items and denied to fix. I made a call and changed their minds. That is 100% a design/manufacturing problem. If the denied I already had a 850 poo waiting for me. I dont have time to deal with dumb decisions like that.

Last edited:

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Its shot!

So why do the pullcords not work if the shot goes out?
That was a snowcheck option called "monkey see monkey do."
If the pull cord senses that the shot is not working, the pull cord stops working too.

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Wonder how much of a difference the new spindles actually make and what they will charge for them if you wanted to put them on a previous year

Premium Features