• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowdog484

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Winsted, MN
There is a 174" Watched a couple youtube vids that are pretty well done.
Hit a home run with the Patriot name!! American breed and made! Gotta luv that!!

CROW

Lifetime Membership
Jul 25, 2002
Michigan
Surprised that you can get Fox QS3’s on the Titan, but not the RMK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Just take my money now!!!

The only thing is none of the colors really excite me. Just go black I guess at least I'm not stuck with the makita mobile!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I got to ride the Patriot 850 RMK two weeks ago in West Yellowstone.

The throttle response, the bottom end front and the mid-range pull are fantastic. This motor does feel like a big bore.
This motor has been in development and on the snow for several years.
It's got torque. I believe it's only available on Snow Check.

The electronics are all sealed. That was a great move Polaris.

Adjustable stance. 36 to 38 in. But I believe it's only available on snowcheck.

They have a new rear end mount to the running boards that should not hold snow and it's got a more natural foot placement if you ever decide you want to put your feet back there.

Same bore but plus 4 mm stroke

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
It's great that they came out with the new 850. But, when will they step up their shocks?

Honestly I think Ski Doos are worse. SLS springs are sweet, lighter than Ti. You can buy a set front/rear Fox Zero 1.5's for $1,300.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
It's great that they came out with the new 850. But, when will they step up their shocks?

i think they are trying to keep the price down, if they add 2-3k of shocks package it ill be in the retail price.

I could see better suspensions pacakges in SC tho, but base model you're gonna have to add them yourself

J
Mar 19, 2008
I got to ride the Patriot 850 RMK two weeks ago in West Yellowstone.

The throttle response, the bottom end front and the mid-range pull are fantastic. This motor does feel like a big bore.
This motor has been in development and on the snow for several years.
It's got torque. I believe it's only available on Snow Check.

The electronics are all sealed. That was a great move Polaris.

Adjustable stance. 36 to 38 in. But I believe it's only available on snowcheck.

Scott,
Can you compare the motor to like a stage 2 or 3 starting line setup?
Only person i've talked to that has spent a decent amount of time on the 850 rides an 800 with a SLP single, and claims the 850 is a lot stronger.
My sled now is the same, an 800 w/SLP single and some clutching.
The majority of my group are on G4s and i have no problem spanking them. Wondering if the jump to the 850 is worth it power wise.
I think i heard it was 7 lbs heavier, plus the pipe drops a decent amount of weight.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
9% more hp should be in the 168hp range. I think haha

F
Feb 18, 2009
Saint Cloud, MN
i think they are trying to keep the price down, if they add 2-3k of shocks package it ill be in the retail price.

I could see better suspensions pacakges in SC tho, but base model you're gonna have to add them yourself

I agree, Doo has a long ways to come compared to both Polaris and Cat. The Cat shock packages makes the Polaris top of the line packages look like base models, though. Granted, I'm not a huge Fox fan, either ( Raptor is my top choice). I would love to ride this new founders edition back to back with a new Ascender (non-alpha), they both seem like amazing sleds. It will all come down to how comfortable you feel on each sled.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
I had the opportunity to ride the new 850 back in February... it’s a beast, I was impressed. Here was my take on it...

Overall Power
- Overall the power on the new Patriot motor is impressive. It feels stronger than the current 800HO throughout the entire powerband. It pulls hard from the bottom to the top. The target RPM is 8250 with ~200RPM before the power falls off. It felt torquey and kept on pulling all the way through the power curve. We were told this motor pulls about 4g more than the current 800HO.

Power Delivery
- Power delivery is very smooth and linear. It did not feel “peaky” at all. It felt very consistent and predictable. The surge of power that is felt when the exhaust valves open on the current 800HO seemed to be gone. The multi stage VES seemed to eliminate that.

Throttle Response
- Throttle response was immediate. It felt just as snappy if not more than the current 800HO. The mapping was clean and crisp through all RPM. It didn’t matter if I was brapping the throttle or running wide open, slamming on the brakes, then punching it again… it was always right there to keep on pulling. It felt predictable and gave me confidence that the power was there right when I wanted it.

Vibration
- The 850 Patriot vibrates significantly less than the current 800HO. The now motor mounts really smooth everything out. The motor mount redesign should eliminate the motor mount issues seen on the 800HO Axys.

Durability
- Of course the true test of durability is in the hands of the consumer, but I’m confident that the Patriot 850 will be a reliable motor. I think this for 3 reasons:
1. The new 850 is an entirely new platform. It is not just an extension of the cleanfire 800, but rather a new design from the ground up.
2. The wiring harness and electrical system has been cleaned up. New sealed connectors throughout and a fixed TPS setting, both of which needed improvement from the previous cleanfire 800s.
3. This motor has been in development a couple years before the release of the 800HO. We were told there was over 100,000 miles of testing done on this unit with several iterations. The fact that the factory is putting a 4yr warranty standard on this motor speaks for itself and gives me the confidence that this motor can and will stand up to the abuse of the consumer.

Last edited:

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Can you compare the motor to like a stage 2 or 3 starting line setup?
Only person i've talked to that has spent a decent amount of time on the 850 rides an 800 with a SLP single, and claims the 850 is a lot stronger.
My sled now is the same, an 800 w/SLP single and some clutching.
The majority of my group are on G4s and i have no problem spanking them. Wondering if the jump to the 850 is worth it power wise.
I think i heard it was 7 lbs heavier, plus the pipe drops a decent amount of weight.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat with my 17 with pipe and X3 track works damn good, just wondering if the 850 is worth the risk.

Premium Features