• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tether to plug in and Replace Cat Tether??

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Is there a tether out there I can just unplug my cat tether(which didn't even make it a full season) and plug another one in using the rest of the wiring that came with the Cat one?? Pro armor or something else?? Want it to plug into that 2 pin connector on the maybe 4" pigtail off the Cat tether.

TIA

PS: Buddies cat tether took a crap over summer as well. Both were the newer style I think with metal screw inside. Anyway, want to try a different option.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
After looking at OFT's website, I'm not sure that tether has that plug on it, just the plug to go into the cat harness

Tether.jpg

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Maybe I should buy there standard tether and splice in that plug off my Cat tether. Would that work? Are they both the same as in being normally open or closed switches?

Last edited:

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Just call OTF and ask about their pro armor setup. The Cat tether is a piece of crap. Fails a lot, and just ices up which in turn makes it a huge pain in the azz to get back on. Screw in the cap also falls out over time. I have the pro armor tether on both my sleds this year. Would never go back to the stock crap. The pro armor has worked great. Only other design I'd look at is the one on the doo T3's. Ball and claw cap

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
Just call OTF and ask about their pro armor setup. The Cat tether is a piece of crap. Fails a lot, and just ices up which in turn makes it a huge pain in the azz to get back on. Screw in the cap also falls out over time. I have the pro armor tether on both my sleds this year. Would never go back to the stock crap. The pro armor has worked great. Only other design I'd look at is the one on the doo T3's. Ball and claw cap

Did you use the plug and play pro armor cat tether or did you splice and solder yours in?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I spliced my Pro armor wires into the kill switch wires. I just used the universal pro armor setup.

SHOOT DEERE IT IS

Lifetime Membership
Mar 12, 2013
WI
What I like about the way it is set up now is the fact that if I have a problem with the tether, I can easily unplug the connector there in a matter of seconds and I'm good to go. Had it go out last year on the side of a mountain and in less than a minute I was going.

W

Wowmom

Feb 10, 2013
Texas
Installed Pro Armour's plug & play this weekend. Should be called "disassemble sled, plug, re-assemble and then play". Loom is located in front of fuel tank, so seat & tank have to be removed. But a clean, efficient result. Very pleased with outcome, would recommend, just don't plan on getting instructions in the package.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Go to an electrical supply store and buy the 2 prong plug and solder it to the pro armor switch.

GS6

dgibbons

Lifetime Membership
Jan 23, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
If you plan to splice it into the kill switch wires, solder the connection at minimum. I had issues with my sled dying randomly when spliced into the kill switch without solder. Would run great for hours sometimes, then the sled would die and then not fire back up for extended periods of time. I ended up soldering the connection to the harness plug from an old cat tether and plugging it into the cat tether harness beneath the gas tank. No issues since.

Premium Features