• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Not sure why....

I'm not on here much but have received some great advice. So I like the web site. I would never have seen this "closed" thread where the guy shot the moose while sledding. I have my thoughts on that but won't post because obviously the moderators saw fit to shut that subject down and didn't want it and the comments to go further.
But what I don't understand is WHY !!! do "they" allow the post to be one of the subjects of interest on the weekly SnowestOnline Digest !!!

If we can't comment on it {which I'm Ok with} and that's what the moderators choose. Why allow it to be shown on their website?
I'm a moderator of sorts on a motorcycle form and have "the power" to delete inappropriate threads/comments. Why not delete the thread and put any person who insists on "carrying on" talking about a banned/deleted subject,... in this case the sledder who shot the moose, "in the corner" for a month, or for life? Just ban the jackass's from the site.
I stand behind the moderator to do what he feels is right, although I might not agree with it myself, but the entire thread and subject should be removed from the forum, and for sure !!!! not advertised in our weekly news letter.
FYI...
This is in no way meant to restart comments on the subject of the old closed thread on the sledder and the moose. I just wanted to comment on the need In My Opinion to go all the way with a decision. .....
Yes it might be still shown on YouTube but that doesn't mean you/we have to advertise the fact.
I hope the moderators understand my comments and I'm not censored and or removed from the forum for voicing them. But if that's the case {which I doubt} I'll "see you all in the funny papers" as they use to say.
Happy sledding folks.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
I will stay off the topic of the moose shooting, and address strictly your comments related to locking threads and banning people.

I don't think moderators should ever lock threads on this site, unless the thread as a whole is a violation of site rules. Many of us pay to use this site and should have a right to voice our opinions on matters, regardless of who does or does not like our opinions.

Now, when a thread starts to get outta hand and unruly, the moderators need to deal with the people that are causing the problems rather than just locking out everyone, even the ones who are trying to maintain a civil debate on an issue.

Blanket punishments across the board to everyone are complete bull$hit in any aspect of life, whether it be on an internet forum, your job, or wherever. Punish the offenders!!!

Flame away :flame::flame::flame:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Blanket punishments across the board to everyone are complete bull$hit in any aspect of life, whether it be on an internet forum, your job, or wherever. Punish the offenders!!!

Couldnt agree more, seems that today nobody is held accountable and yet the whole suffers because of the actions of one.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
I will stay off the topic of the moose shooting, and address strictly your comments related to locking threads and banning people.

I don't think moderators should ever lock threads on this site, unless the thread as a whole is a violation of site rules. Many of us pay to use this site and should have a right to voice our opinions on matters, regardless of who does or does not like our opinions.

Now, when a thread starts to get outta hand and unruly, the moderators need to deal with the people that are causing the problems rather than just locking out everyone, even the ones who are trying to maintain a civil debate on an issue.

But that would not be the American way! Afterall we would not want to hurt the offenders feelings. The problem with blanket punishments is that the offender is always to stupid to know he is the offender. And then he sits back and thinks to himself. Well they got what they deserved.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
One thing for everybody to remember is that a "Closed" thread and all its comments are still view-able to everyone.

Edited threads have information removed.

We have no problems with comments on the Moose thread, but when the discussion changes to a pizzing match on what sled a poster rides, things will get "Closed"

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
One thing for everybody to remember is that a "Closed" thread and all its comments are still view-able to everyone.

We have no problems with comments on the Moose thread, but when the discussion changes to a pizzing match on what sled a poster rides, things will get "Closed"

That's bs and you know it! There are many threads that are brand pizzing matches that never get closed. I pm'd 801 about the one he closed last night and was pretty much told he started the thread he can close it Oh and by the way Arctic Cats suck. Aw shat I just got this thread locked.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
That's bs and you know it! There are many threads that are brand pizzing matches that never get closed. I pm'd 801 about the one he closed last night and was pretty much told he started the thread he can close it Oh and by the way Arctic Cats suck. Aw shat I just got this thread locked.

He was a lot more polite than I would have been.

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
SnoWest forum member:

This letter is intended to serve as an explanation of SnoWest's policy on the posting of material that is intended to cause trouble on the this forum.

Despite the fact that our direction is clear and firm, there continues to remain a small group of minority individuals who's chief purpose appears to be just stirring up contention and promoting never-ending drama. This is done through a variety of mechanisms -- polls, veiled recruiting drives for alternative sites, sarcastic disdain for the management and moderators of this site, and general complaints about policies and direction. Often, these attacks are thinly veiled in the hopes that they'll "slip through" and the attacker can claim they are innocent.

Unfortunately, all of this is a huge distraction from the real purpose of SnoWest -- which is, and will continue to be, Snowmobiling.

So, I'd like to make this extremely clear: While members are more than welcome to express their personal opinions and heartfelt thoughts on a wide range of Snowmobile related topics on SnoWest, we would like to state that the "bashing" of SnoWest, it's moderators, policies, direction, or staff will simply not be tolerated any longer.

We certainly recognize that everyone has a right to free speech. However, SnoWest is a private forum operated with private funds, by a private company. Many people often confuse the right to free speech with the privilege of being heard. Always remember that posting and participating on SnoWest is a privilege -- not a right. And it's a privilege we hope everyone will choose to continue to enjoy.

Threads and posts that are determined to contain this type of material will be removed from the forums from this point forward, and infractions will be issued where appropriate. Further, please understand that it is the policy of SnoWest and SnoWest moderators NOT to openly discuss or comment on the disciplinary actions taken against individuals who violate these rules.

To those who have been supportive and positive over the last few months -- THANK YOU

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
SnoWest forum member:

This letter is intended to serve as an explanation of SnoWest's policy on the posting of material that is intended to cause trouble on the this forum.

Despite the fact that our direction is clear and firm, there continues to remain a small group of minority individuals who's chief purpose appears to be just stirring up contention and promoting never-ending drama. This is done through a variety of mechanisms -- polls, veiled recruiting drives for alternative sites, sarcastic disdain for the management and moderators of this site, and general complaints about policies and direction. Often, these attacks are thinly veiled in the hopes that they'll "slip through" and the attacker can claim they are innocent.

Unfortunately, all of this is a huge distraction from the real purpose of SnoWest -- which is, and will continue to be, Snowmobiling.

So, I'd like to make this extremely clear: While members are more than welcome to express their personal opinions and heartfelt thoughts on a wide range of Snowmobile related topics on SnoWest, we would like to state that the "bashing" of SnoWest, it's moderators, policies, direction, or staff will simply not be tolerated any longer.

We certainly recognize that everyone has a right to free speech. However, SnoWest is a private forum operated with private funds, by a private company. Many people often confuse the right to free speech with the privilege of being heard. Always remember that posting and participating on SnoWest is a privilege -- not a right. And it's a privilege we hope everyone will choose to continue to enjoy.

Threads and posts that are determined to contain this type of material will be removed from the forums from this point forward, and infractions will be issued where appropriate. Further, please understand that it is the policy of SnoWest and SnoWest moderators NOT to openly discuss or comment on the disciplinary actions taken against individuals who violate these rules.

To those who have been supportive and positive over the last few months -- THANK YOU

You sure know how to kill the mood at a party!:tsk:

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Ban away, infract away, lock threads away............................whatever.

Just an internet forum, not my soul purpose in life.

I hope my last word on the subject. Let's ride!!

I will stay off the topic of the moose shooting, and address strictly your comments related to locking threads and banning people. I don't think moderators should ever lock threads on this site, unless the thread as a whole is a violation of site rules. Many of us pay to use this site and should have a right to voice our opinions on matters, regardless of who does or does not like our opinions.

You're entitled to your opinion for sure. ..........I have to say though,...
I pay for my drivers license too
, but that doesn't give me the right to drive my car in any manner I want. Driving is not an entitlement like "your opinion" .....and no matter if you pay to use this site or not, it's still a privilege. This site does not belong to you and me.

As I said in "my rant".....I might not agree with the moderator but he Can do what he likes.
I don't disagree with you and I think "they" could/should "deal with the people that are causing the problems" That's why I said..."any person who insists on "carrying on".... should be put.... "in the corner".... "for a month, or for life? Just ban the jackass's from the site."

... it's the moderator's right to do what he/she wants. .....a web site moderator/owner, your employer, has the RIGHT to mismanage [ in our opinion] and run things the way they see fit. It's our right to not frequent a specific web site ...or choose a different employer. We can't control what they choose to do.

So there was nothing other than someone dissed a brand of sled? !!!
I'm shocked to say the least. .....
So the fact that someone mentioned eating the end of a pistol or something, or anything to do with the moose story caused the thread to be closed? Unbelievable !!

SnoWest forum member:

I don't have an issue with this if you are directing your comments at me.

Again if you're speaking directly at me [ you wrote "SnoWest forum member:" ] I'm not trying to cause drama. I simply asked the question which has yet to be answered,...."WHY !!! do "they" allow the... [ closed ] ...post to be one of the subjects of interest on the weekly SnowestOnline Digest !!! I would never have even known of the moose/sledder story........ I have agreed with your right to policy.

Again, I agree with you.

That's just fine with me.

Thank you.

I'm not on here much but have received some great advice. So I like the web site. I would never have seen this "closed" thread where the guy shot the moose while sledding. I have my thoughts on that but won't post because obviously the moderators saw fit to shut that subject down and didn't want it and the comments to go further.
But what I don't understand is WHY !!! do "they" allow the post to be one of the subjects of interest on the weekly SnowestOnline Digest !!!

If we can't comment on it {which I'm Ok with} and that's what the moderators choose. Why allow it to be shown on their website?
I'm a moderator of sorts on a motorcycle form and have "the power" to delete inappropriate threads/comments. Why not delete the thread and put any person who insists on "carrying on" talking about a banned/deleted subject,... in this case the sledder who shot the moose, "in the corner" for a month, or for life? Just ban the jackass's from the site.
I stand behind the moderator to do what he feels is right, although I might not agree with it myself, but the entire thread and subject should be removed from the forum, and for sure !!!! not advertised in our weekly news letter.
FYI...
This is in no way meant to restart comments on the subject of the old closed thread on the sledder and the moose. I just wanted to comment on the need In My Opinion to go all the way with a decision. .....
Yes it might be still shown on YouTube but that doesn't mean you/we have to advertise the fact.
I hope the moderators understand my comments and I'm not censored and or removed from the forum for voicing them. But if that's the case {which I doubt} I'll "see you all in the funny papers" as they use to say.
Happy sledding folks.

I thought that I should re-post/quote myself, because I can't help but feel like it wasn't read fully or understood by some members.
And for reference.

Last edited:
S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
SnoWest forum member:

Unfortunately, all of this is a huge distraction from the real purpose of SnoWest -- which is, and will continue to be, Snowmobiling.So, I'd like to make this extremely clear: While members are more than welcome to express their personal opinions and heartfelt thoughts on a wide range of Snowmobile related topics on SnoWest, we would like to state that the "bashing" of SnoWest, it's moderators, policies, direction, or staff will simply not be tolerated any longer.

First red sentence response. Then get rid of fouled plug! It clearly says stuff not directly related to snowmobiling!
Second sentence. This site is not operated by PRIVATE funds it is operated from membership payments and selling of advertising which by the way has done nothing but f up this site. Harris's are not using any of their own funds to run this site. They are not in business to spend their money they are in it to make money. So if you don't care for what I just said ban away

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
And while I am at it you mods lock threads because of arguments that you clearly don't agree with but there are threads on here that are borderline p]o'r=n and clearly not appropriate for the "family" image but they stay up. Mods even drool all over them. Talk about a double standard with some of you guys

Last edited:
Premium Features